Part 50

Dear diary,
They needed to talk. The stress was bad for all of us. I placed a blanket from the basket I was holding onto the dirty floor. "Sit" I said gesturing towards the floor. "I don't think this is a good idea" Elijah began to said. "Sit" I sternly said looking up at Elijah. "Well I'm starving" Marcel said taking a set. I passed him the picnic basket and he began to ravage though it. I took a set next to him. "What is happening" Klaus and Elijah said instinctively. As I sat, they did as well. "You weren't going to do it yourself, so I gave some... help" I smiled. Rebekah giggled at my comment as she took a set on the other side of Marcel. "Now apologize" I said raising my eyebrows. "No" Klaus angrily said his face just barley twitching. "Why do I have to be everyone's mother?" I sighed. "Don't worry about them" Rebekah sighed rolling her eyes "they always fight like savages animals". I couldn't understand why they had so much hate in their hearts. I looked over at Rebekah before I got up from the ground leaving the room. My dress rippling in the wind as I left. "Grace" Elijah stammered getting up after me. I quickly walked out a nearby side door leading to a quiet forest. I crossed my arms as I stopped. I could sense Elijah was behind me."You should talk to him" I said to Elijah without looking back. "Be the bigger man" I swallowed turning to face him. "Believe me I've tried" he said take a step forward. The grass crunching under his boot. "Elijah please" I said taking a step closer to Elijah. Elijah followed my movement. He gently swept a my hair behind my ear, his face growing closer. My body tightened. Goosebumps flew down my arms. "I don't want to be the bigger man" he softly said. I watched his lips move. "What do you want?" I asked him. He didn't answer. Instead his face inched towards mine. His lips meet mine. As I kissed him back the air around us grew warmer and the birds sang. Like a fairytale. "Grace come quickly, Marcel is dead!" Rebekah cried behind us out of breath. My lips let go of Elijahs as I looked to Rebekah. Her eyes were red and puffy and she was shaking. "Where?" I quickly asked as I ran over to her. "I-I" Rebekah cried. I rubbed her arms with the palms of my hands trying to calm her down. "The west garden" Rebekah sniffled. Before I could say a word, Elijah grabbed my waist lifting me up, as he ran me over with his vampire speed. Elijah placed me down in the west garden. A fully open field with the occasional dandelion. I looked up to see Klaus's shirt bloody, his face frozen in horror. I looked down at Klaus's feet to see a lifeless Marcel laying face up on the grass. Elijah rush over to Klaus. A tear ran down my face as I ran to Marcel. My body unsteady from the travel. I drop to my knees searching for his wound. As I sat next to him I felt nothing. The grass dying around me as I sobbed."No come on Marcel" I cried my hands covered in his blood. I had found the wound. Marcel was impaled by a sword. Klaus's sword. "Marcel I'm love" I cried as I healed his face in the bloody hands. "He will come back" Klaus finally said. I turned my head looking up at Klaus. He wasn't lying. "No" I shook my head as I stood up from the ground. "Please tell me you didn't" I breathed looking Klaus dead in the eyes. "He will come back as a vampire" Klaus said looking away from me.