Prologue

"Please listen to me. This is my only hope to avoid marrying that stranger. If you do this, you will be saving my life and my future."

"Mommy and Daddy will be angry with what we're about to do, especially you. They might disown you."

"I know, and I have prepared myself for this. I won't let them make me suffer for the rest of my life."

"I'm nervous about your plan. It's insane."

"It is, but this is my only way to get rid of this stupid arranged marriage. You have to help me, don't you?"
she couldn't do anything. He felt pity for his sister, so even though it went against his will, he would help her escape from a relationship without any foundation of love.

Phoebe is the perfect daughter. She has everything that every girl dreams of having in their lives: a luxurious lifestyle, undeniable beauty and intelligence, and a modeling career.

Rio Torren is her opposite. She is afraid of the spotlight. During family occasions, she always stays in the background. She has no friends except for her dog named Jogger, her best buddy.

Phoebe was in the fitting room, sitting and waiting.

The bell rang, and the guests were already there. The groom was waiting at the altar.

"Torren, this might be our last conversation. It might be a while before I come back. I will remember everything you're about to do for the rest of my life. I love you so much, my sibling," she said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Take care wherever you go. I hope we can still see each other," Torren said, also in tears.

"Shhhhhh, don't cry, your makeup will get ruined. I promise I will come back. Whatever happens, stay strong," she hugged Torren tightly. "I need to go, they're waiting for you inside," she said.

Torren nodded and smiled.

She fixed her veil and put on a hat. As she stepped out of the car, she started walking away.

She was nervous as she stepped out of the car. The beating of her heart was fast, like the hooves of horses in a race.

With each step, she felt the overwhelming nervousness and held her breath.

Everyone was looking at her with joy.

She was close to the altar. She saw her parents and the groom.

The groom came to fetch her, and they walked together towards the altar. She couldn't bring herself to look at the person beside her.

"Please forgive me for what I am about to do, my God," she whispered in her mind and closed her eyes.

After she put on the ring, the crowd applauded.

The groom faced her and held the edge of her veil.

She closed her eyes and prayed fervently because of the extreme nervousness she felt.

As she lifted her veil, she glanced briefly at the priest in front to avoid being seen by her parents.

"Kiss the bride," the priest said.

She closed her eyes because, against her will, she couldn't refuse.

His lips touched the side of her lips and quickly pulled away.

The crowd applauded again. Next was the signing of the marriage contract.

It was time for picture-taking. The parents went first.

As their parents approached, they were shocked to see that it was Rio Torren wearing the bridal gown. They did not expect this.

Both of them could tell by their parents' expressions that they were furious. Her father embraced her and whispered, "Explain yourself later."

She looked at her father with fear in her eyes.

"We want an explanation," her mother whispered.

The other party had no idea that their child had married another woman.

At the food venue, everyone was happy, enjoying their meal, and some were dancing to the music.

They sat together, watching the guests. The man sat there, feeling restless, while she was thinking about the questions she would be asked. She was nervous, mixed with fear.

The groom's mother approached their table.

"May I talk to my child before you take her home?" she asked the groom.

She just nodded.

Rio Torren stood up and followed her mother. She found her father waiting inside.

She was immediately greeted with a strong slap.

The force of it made her sit on the floor.

"What is this nonsense? Where is Phoebe?" Juancho shouted.

She held her cheek in pain.

"It's a good thing the other side doesn't know that it wasn't Phoebe who our child married. If they found out, you would be the reason for the downfall of the company!" Juancho exclaimed in anger.

"What were you two thinking when you did this? This is a disgrace to our family. What you did is shameful," Amelia said.

"Where is Phoebe?" Juancho asked.

She shook her head. "I don't know," she said, accompanied by sobs.

Juancho was about to slap her again, but Amelia blocked his hand.

"If they see any bruises on her, they might think something bad about us," she said.

"We're not done yet. Tell Phoebe that she no longer has a family to come back to," Juancho said, then stormed off.

That's when Rio Torren started sobbing, something she feared would happen, but it was happening now.

"Fix her makeup, go back to the venue," Amelia said.

She forced herself not to cry. She needed to smile to hide the pain in her eyes.

She went home to a different house. That would be their new home together.

She just followed the man who entered the house until the stairs, and when the man entered a door, she entered too.

"Hey, why did you come in?" he asked.

"Is there a problem?" he asked, puzzled.

"This is my room," she said.

"Your room?" he asked, his face showing confusion.

"Just because we're married doesn't mean you can sleep beside me. Go to the other room. Leave!" she shooed him away.

"Why, do I want to sleep beside you too?" He turned around and left.

The room was messy and small. There was only a bed inside.

She went back to his room.

"Hey hey, why did you come in?" he scolded her.

"Why is your room so nice and complete, while mine only has a bed? Let's switch," she said.

"Hey, aren't you lucky," he said, grinning.

"Oh, really..." she suddenly grabbed his arm and used taekwondo on him.

"Ow!" she screamed as Rio twisted her arm.

"Are you serious?" she asked, not believing him.

Rio tightened his grip even more.

"Ouch...ow, fine, I'll move," she said.

After she said that, he let go of her. He quickly stood up and walked away, holding his arm and rubbing it in pain.

"So this girl is really strong," she said.

"Remove your things now, I'm getting sleepy," Rio complained.

"Fine!" as she tidied up, she looked at him with an angry look.

"You're so slow, close the door when you leave, I'm going to take a shower. You're so slow," Maiko said, grinning and shaking her head.

"Damn, what a bad day...ahhhhh! What a miserable life!" she shouted. She walked out angrily.

▪▪▪▪▪▪slow updates▪▪▪▪▪▪