selfish

Karl’s POV

It was so depressing...everyone was crying, wearing black, it started raining. Ariel was screaming that it isn’t real her baby didn’t die. Rehan was out of it...frozen. Adrena kept saying “but I’m his bunny...why did he leave his bunny”. Adalene was just sobbing. Me? I was drowning in guilt because

I couldn’t save him

////////////////

I shot up from the uncomfortable hospital chair I was sitting in with tears streaming down my face..just a nightmare Karl he isn;t dead. I looked towards the bed where a comatose lake was lying next to his sleeping mother. But that changed when I saw lake move his finger... 

He’s been in a coma for 2 months. The doctor said it should have been longer but what I did really helped. I called for a nurse and rushed to his side..

Lake's pov

Darkness...everywhere I turned my head it was completely dark. I felt so much pain my body felt like it was getting repeatedly stabbed by a needle. I wanted to open my eyes, but my lids felt so heavy...I just wanted to sleep again. I felt movement towards my right like someone was getting up.

I heard footsteps and felt someone grab my hand.

“Lake..”

“Hey baby can you move your finger again?”

Someone was crying in the background… m-mom? Wait...baby? Omg karl?

I moved my finger even if it hurt my body. Someone laughed through their tears but I couldn’t tell who

“Okay...now can you open your eyes?”

I cracked my eyes open only to close them again when I felt a burning sensation. I heard the click of a light and someone saying try again. So after a good 15 tries I opened my eyes…

I looked around not caring how much pain I was really in to see who was here…

Mom

Karl 

Rehan

Where’s Adrena?

“It’s 4 in the morning Adalene and Adrena are at home...Oh that reminds me I’ll go call her and tell her your awake”

I opened my mouth to speak but instead coughed when I felt I liquid getting sprayed into my mouth

“It’s a spray bottle with cold water, the nurse said it’s better than trying to get you to swallow.”

“W-wa” 

I really couldn’t speak…

“Y-you were umm…” Rehan started to speak but his voice cracked…

Did I cause that?

Selfish

“You were in a c-coma for 3 months a-after an overdose...we found you in the bathroom at your d-dad’s house”

How many months…

“I-I’m s...s...s-orry” 

They both smiled at me and mouthed ‘it’s okay’

….

But is it really?

Time skip///

I’ve been in the hospital for 2 weeks and I’m being released today. I feel so bad...you can tell how much I hurt everyone, and how traumatising it was for them even if they try not to show it. But of course the one who caused it will be able to tell.

It was awkward with Rehan and karl because I told them I loved them in a letter before trying to do the unthinkable. I had my reunion with Adrena. She cried in my arms for a few hours before giving me the silent treatment. I’m not even going to say anything about my mom...long story short over that span of 3 months she became depressed.

And I did that

I’m sorry

////////////////////////////////////

Lake's memory

I remember collasping on the bathroom floor and feeling liquid spread around me soaking through my clothes. My mind going blank...breathing slowing down...eyes opening and closing...than finally closing. Footsteps running towards me, fingers on my neck. Someone shaking my body and whispering things I could barely hear

"here"

"eyes"

"stay awake"

"i'm here"

"beautiful"

I remember opening and closing my eyes a few more times before getting lifted onto something soft and closing my eyes...for a very long time