𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟

"You ready?"

"You ready?"

"I'm not a child Captain, I don't need you to constantly check up on me." I say making him grin and raise his hands in a surrendering pose. "I told you Steve is fine."

"And I told you that I prefer Captain." I wink grinning at the look of annoyance that flashes across his face. "Why does it bother you? I thought you liked being a Captain." I question tilting my head to the side teasingly, "it's the way that you say it." He grumbles making me giggle.

"And how would you like me to say it?"

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Ok you need to be on standby for Nat near the council." Steve tells me making me nod, "sure."

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." I raise my brows at the speech it was pretty impressive, I wonder if that was off the top of his head or if he practiced in the mirror.

Ha the thought of him practicing his speech in the mirror was hilarious to me for some reason. "Oh shit!" I was slammed to the ground because I was distracted, imagining Steve practicing his speech.

I roll to the side narrowly avoiding another punch in the face. "Stop." I gasp out, "help me up."

"Oh my god. What is wrong with you?" I ask as I catch my breath, my eyes narrowing at the agent who was now my mindless drone. "Go be useful and take down as many Hydra agents as you can." I say sending him off.

"You ok Siren?"

"Fine."

"They need you up with the council."

"Got it."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

As I enter the room I see Pierce holding this device out to Natasha threateningly I also notice the gun in his other hand. "Miss Odair, what are you doing here?" Ok maybe my sneaking wasn't as good as usual but the past few days had been pretty crazy in my defence.

"I'd think twice before speaking young lady," He says waving his gun at me making me close my mouth. "Drop the gun and- shit" He does what I say, only he shoots me as he's dropping the gun, "Don- Don't hurt them." I add as I hit the ground clutching my abdomen tightly.

"Cora!" Natasha throws her pin off and runs to me as Fury shoots pierce before joining her by my side. "Fuck." I Curse at the sharp pain, "I'm never helping anyone ever again." I grumble making Natasha chuckle. "You stay awake and you'll never have to." She says making me laugh slightly before wincing at the pain it causes.

"Alright Odair we're gonna take care of you, don't worry." Fury says making me roll my eyes, "I still don't like you." I tell him making him smile and nod, "well you just saved our lives so I have to repay the favour." He says making me grin.

"Well can you hurry it up because I'm getting pretty tired."

They manage to help me up and the three of us stumble out onto the landing pad for the helicopter. "Ok we're nearly there."

"I know, I was shot in the stomach not the head. I can still see."

I sit in the chopper and groan as my head begins to feel so heavy and my eyes are beginning to droop. "No stay awake Cora." Natasha says tapping my cheeks as the chopper takes off, "But it's so hard." I groan, "Just let me rest my eyes for a minute." I bargain making her shake her head. "No you can't do that." She says making me pout at her, "You're not in charge of me, I can do whatever I want." I tell her my speech becoming slurred as it becomes harder to focus.

"No I can't do it, I can't stay awake. It's so hard, and I'm so tired. I'm so tired."

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.

"Hey you're up." My eyebrows furrow and I look around the blinding white room, I gag as I try to speak realising there was a tube down my throat. "relax, it's ok, you're ok. I'm gonna get a nurse ok?" Steve says gently grabbing my wrist as I reach for the tube.

"I'll be right back."

I look around confused trying to relax as my throat kept constricting trying to get rid of the tube that was blocking it.

"Wh-" Steve is quick to hand me a glass of water as I begin coughing violently. "What happened? Why are you here?" I ask him sitting up and reaching for the needles in my arm. "What are you doing?" He asks quickly reaching out to stop me.

"I'm leaving. I don't need to be here."

"Wait, wait stop a second."

"Why are you even here?" I ask as I sit back and cross my arms. "Well I didn't know who to call for you and I didn't want to just leave you alone not when I'm the one that got you into this mess."

"So is there anyone I can call?"

"No."

"No?"

"Well there is my uncle Aalton but he's back in Catalin so you probably wouldn't be able to reach him. So it's just me."

"Well I'm here." He says making me smile. "We're still not friends Rogers."

"I'll still be here."