i don't remember me before you

thirty-one

CHASE ELLIOTT

I woke up to the January sun peaking through the blinds into our bedroom. I shifted slightly in the bed and wrapped my arm around Caroline's waist, pulling her closer to my chest. I laid there with her for a little while longer before I got out of bed to make breakfast, giving Caroline time to sleep in.

It's a big day in our house with the new store opening in Dahlonega today. We've been busy all week, going back and forth between Dawsonville and Dahlonega to make sure that everything is ready for the grand opening. Haley and Jackson have been staying in Dahlonega with Jackson's parents so they can be there to help as well.

It's been so cool to see everything that goes into getting the store ready to open. Caroline has worked her ass off and I'm so proud of her.

Caroline and Chief officially moved in with me after we got back from our trips to Hawaii and Australia. The adjustment has been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I love having them here with me and making a new normal for the three of us.

The thought of proposing to Caroline hasn't been diminished, it's only been strengthened since she's moved in. I want to spend every waking minute with her by my side for the rest of my life.

I went and bought her ring last week so now I just need to ask for her parent's blessing and then I have to actually ask Caroline, hopefully she'll say yes.

"Good morning," I heard a sweet voice say from behind me.

I turned around and smiled when I saw Caroline standing there in one of my t-shirts.

"There's my girl," I said, walking over to Caroline and pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Did you make all this?" Caroline asked, looking at the food that sat on the counter.

"Yes ma'am," I cheesed. "A big breakfast for a big day."

"That's so sweet," Caroline smiled, wrapping her arms around my neck and kissing my lips. "Thank you."

"You're welcome," I smiled. "Now let's eat!"

Caroline and I both fixed ourselves plates full of the food I had prepared. I sat my plate down on the table and got Chief's bowl and put some eggs in there for him.

"There ya go bud," I said, leaning down and placing his bowl back on the floor.

"Babe, this is delicious," Caroline said, stuffing her mouth.

"I'm glad you like it," I said, sitting down across from her at the small table that sits in the nook of the kitchen.

We sat there in a comfortable silence for a while, both of us eating our breakfast.

"Are you nervous for today?" I asked Caroline, picking up my coffee cup.

"I think I'm more nervous for today than I was when we opened the store in Atlanta."

"Cause you're opening your new store in your hometown?"

"Yeah, it's just a lot more pressure to do good and to be successful."

"Don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You and Haley chased your dreams and look where it's gotten you. You're already successful no matter what."

"I love you," Caroline smiled.

"I love you too."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━