To The Future

(Name's) P.O.V
Wilbur flew us to the orphanage his Dad lived in when he was a child. "This building looks a lot better in this time period. I never understood why no one tear it down in the future." I said as Wilbur opens the hatch.

"Dad bought the building so no one would destroy it. I guess he still sentimental about this place." He said unbuckling his seat belt to stand up. "This high enough?" He asked looking up at the roof, that wasn't to far away for me to fly.

"Yeah, we should be able to make it no problem!" I kneel down to press in small buttons on the back of my boots. As they starts to warm up I jump out of the time machine. My jet boots come to life and I begin to float mid air. "Next stop the roof!" I said holding my hand out to Wilbur.

He smiles with a hint of reddish pink spreading across his face as he took my hand and I flew us up to the roof. Once we were at the top I let Wilbur go and press the small buttons again to land back on the ground. "Easy Peezy!" I said putting my hands on my hips proudly. "Nice work partner."

Wilbur lead the way to the door but screeched to a stop, holding his arm out to stop me. We peek our heads out behind the wall of the roof's door, to see Lewis was ripping out a number of pages from his note book.

He then rip out one page pausing to look at it with sadness. Suddenly he becomes angry again and crumble it up into a ball. We duck out of his sight right as he threw the ball of paper away.

We peek our heads out again to see Lewis had sat down on a box, his back towards us. Wilbur leap out of hiding, picking up the paper ball and throwing it at Lewis before jumping back behind cover.

The paper was thrown again, so Wilbur went out again to throw it back. "Hey, what are you doing up here?" I heard Lewis asked him, Wilbur then starts making pidgin sounds. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing.

I heard the paper hit the ground again. Wilbur step out, looking around before placeing it in Lewis' hand patting, making a pidgin sound, and ducking back next to me

"Would you quit that, please? I know you're not a pigeon!" Lewis him droping the paper ball again. Wilbur jump out covering his mouth while I came out to look around. "Shhh, you're blowing our cover." He told his father as he looks around as well.

"But we're the only ones up here." Lewis told him. "That's just what they want you to think." I told him coming over to lean over him and tap his chest. "Now, enough moping." Wilbur told him, picking up the paper and under revelling it. "Take this back to the science fair and fix that Memory Scanner." He told him, giving Lewis the paper and pushing him toward the door.

"Stop! STOP! GET AWAY FROM ME!" Lewis yelled pushing Wilbur away. "Maybe you've forgotten." Wilbur flash his badge again for a split second. "I'm a time cop from the future, should be taken very seriously." He said looking at his finger nails.

Lewis snatched his badge getting a good look at it. "That's no badge. This is a coupon for a tanning salon!" Lewis got up close in Wilbur face waving the coupon. "You're a fake." I took the coupon from Lewis to look at it. "Seriously? You couldn't get a more convincing badge, Wilbur? This coupon is even expired!"

Wilbur holds up his hands in defense. "Okay, you got us. We're not cops, but we really are from the future, and there really is this Bowler Hat Guy." He told Lewis, I crumbled up the expired coupon tossing it behind me.

"Here we go again." Lewis picking up his backpack. Wilbur ran up to him, trying to convince him. "He stole a time machine, came to the science fair and ruined your project."

"My project didn't work because I'm no good. There is no Bowler Hat Guy, there is no time machine, and you two are not from the future! You're CRAZY!" Lewis scream in his face. "Ohohoh, I am not crazy." Wilbur told him. "Oh, yeah, Captain Time Travel? Prove it." Wilbur hold up his finger to speak but stop himself.