chapter 1

The Burrow was buzzing with joy, laughter, and of course the scent of Mrs Weasley's extraordinary mince pies. Ariel was sitting in her stuffy, quiet room, reading.  Well at least she wished it was only her  room. She had to share the room with Ginny, her younger sister. Ariel was in her third year at Hogwarts, and her brother Ron was just a few months older than her. People always say they're twins, but I think Fred and George are enough to handle. 

Ariel blew a strand of red hair out of her face and peeked out of the window. The sun was setting, dinner must be ready soon. And she was right, a few minutes later Mrs Weasley called everyone down for Christmas dinner; Ariel's favourite meal of all time. 'Coming mum!' she replied and she snapped shut her book and raced downstairs. 

The table looked at its breaking point, it was overloaded with a delicious variety of foods. From steak and kidney pie to Christmas pudding, Ariel was delighted. She rushed up to her mum and gave her a huge hug. 'Mum, you are fantastic.'  she told her, 'And I think I'm saying that from all of us.' Ariel raised her eyebrows at her siblings. 

Ron was unsurprisingly stuffing his mouth with whatever he could see and Ariel tried not to laugh when she spotted Ginny blushing at Harry. Fred and George were trying to sneak some explosive sweets into Percy's plate. Ariel shook her head and filled her plate with all her favourite foods.

Around half an hour later, the Weasley's Christmas dinner was coming to an end. The table was a huge mess of empty plates, used Christmas crackers, cutlery, and much more. Ariel checked the time on the great grandfather clock in the hallway, it had just struck 8pm, she had something important to do soon.  "I'm heading to bed, goodnight everyone!' Mrs Weasley looked up from her half knitted scarf, 'It's quite early Ariel! But alright, if your very tired then you should get some rest. Ariel nodded at Harry, Ron and Hermione, then went upstairs. 

Several minutes later, the door swung open and Ginny walked in. 'Hi,' she said to Ariel. 'Uh- hi Ginny, your going to bed now too? I mean, don't you wanna be with Harry?' Ariel joked. Ginny went bright red and hit Ariel on the arm. 'Shh! I told you to keep it a secret! Someone might hear!' Ginny shut the door quickly. 

After Mrs Weasley came in to turn off the lights and say goodnight, Ariel waited a few minutes to check that Ginny was sleeping, then she snuck out of bed and tiptoed as lightly as she could to Harry and Ron's room, they were going to have a secret meeting about this new prisoner who had escaped from Azkaban, Hermione was coming along too. 

Ariel dodged the creaky floorboard and silently opened the door to their room. Ron gasped and Ariel whispered, 'It's just me Ron, your such a baby!' She shut the door slowly and lighted the candle. 'Sorry I'm late guys, I had to wait for Ginny to fall asleep.' They sat in a circle and Hermione spread out a newspaper on the floor. She then pointed to a photograph of a prisoner with dark, unkempt hair, dirt on his face and locked up behind bars. Sirius Black.