Impulsive Decision

Bishop's Point of View:

I tune out my little brother's bickering about his shirt and how he stained it from eating Chappati and Dhal.

"Will you just shut up Noah?" Phoenix, his twin, yells while gritting his teeth.

"Bishop, are you just going to let him talk to me like that?" Noah asks me.

"Noah, it's your fault for wearing a Gucci shirt to a local restaurant, now go change so we can go to the fundraiser in thirty minutes," I say dismissively while glaring at Noah.

He rolls his eyes and stomps into the bathroom while shoving Phoenix aside.

Phoenix's eyes grow darker like all his brothers when we get mad, so I can tell whenever someone pushes his buttons.

"Stop it, both of you, you're acting like five-year-olds," I raise my voice and walk into Ezra and I's hotel room.

I sigh and take off my expensive watch and put on some shorts.

"Are they still bickering?" My 24-year old brother asks me while scrolling on his phone.

"Yes, they are," I say while running my hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry bro, I can see how stressed you are, this is supposed to be a vacation," Ezra says while slapping my back once.

"It's fine, they're boys, it's unavoidable, imagine what would have happened if we a had a sister," I laugh while saying this.

"Poor girl, she would have run away by now," Ezra says while chuckling.

*

"Ah, Mr.Trevino, you are here, you and your brothers can start off in the food delivering section, every time a kid comes to you, just hand them a bag filled with food, snacks, and water," Mrs.Raaliya says. She is the organizer of this event.

"Sure thing," I say quietly and my brothers follow me.

Ezra immediately charms everyone with his smile and Noah makes everyone laugh with his jokes, I smile politely to everyone but everyone avoids going to the booth where Phoenix is at. His constantly etched frown scares people away and it's just natural for him, but he could at least try.

I tell Ezra that I'll be back and I walk over to Phoenix.

"Either you try to engage with the people or you can go back to the hotel," My voice deepens and I stare down at my brother.

He rolls his eyes disrespectfully and throws his plastic gloves away in the trash can. When I get ready to show this boy a piece of my mind, a little girl with brown skin comes up to our booth.

She's the first one all day that has had the courage to come to this booth. 

Phoenix turns his face towards the girl and his frown deepens.

"What do you want?" Phoenix asks while stepping forwards two steps.

The girl gulps and turns around, but before she can leave, I speak up.

"I'm sorry, is there anything I can get for you sweetheart?" I ask while signaling Ezra to come to get Phoenix.

The girl slowly turns back around and points at a water bottle.

I grab two and bend down to her size. I hand her the bottles and smile softly. She was beautiful, she had dark brown eyes, jet black hair, and a mesmerizing smile.

The girl, now smiling, says a quiet "thank you."

"Of course. Are you lost? Do you need help finding your mommy and daddy?" I ask with my eyes narrowing.