Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~*~

Song: Lived A Lie by You Me At Six

~*~

Steph's POV

I woke up with puffy red eyes and a pounding headache. 'That's what you get for crying yourself to sleep' my inner self said to me. I would tell it to shut up but it's right. Wait... I just admitted to arguing with myself... I really do need to go to a mental hospital. Hm... The more I think about that the more I wouldn't mind. Think about it, maybe I'll meet someone like Evan Peters there like in season 2 of American Horror Story. Right focus Steph! Stop drooling over someone you'll never have a chance with.

Well that put a damper on my fantasies.

I looked at the clock on my phone to see its already 7:32! Shit! Fuck I can't believe I've been lost in my thoughts for over a hour. I quickly jumped into the shower and back out in record time. After blow drying my hair and leaving it down, since it was naturally straight, I put on a little foundation and mascara with a You Me At Six band Tee and a pair of skinny jeans. After quickly saying goodbye to my parents and Matt-who was sick-I ran down stairs and out the door hoping to catch Parker before he drove away.

But luck wasn't on my side was it. Just as I ran out the door with one van on and the other in my hand just in time to see Parker speed out the driveway.

"Why?!" I screamed to the sky looking for some answers. Can this get much worse? I'm already going to be late for school considering its a 30minute walk. And just as if my life was a book or movie it started to rain. No, forget that, not just rain. Pour down a fucking storm. Just great. Here we go.

~*~

After a 30 minute walk, which wasn't that bad since I had my cavalier youth album on, I arrived at the hell hole I call school. I must look like a drowned cat.

I ran to the toilets to wipe off the remainder of my makeup and shove my hair up in a messy bun. After I looked somewhat acceptable for a drowned cat, I walked to class not bothering with a late slip since the bell just rang for period 2.

Walking into class it seemed like everything went in slow-mo. Everyone stopped and stared at me, some even laughed, but of course they were the 'populars' friends of Parker and Veronica.

"Hey guys, look what the cat dragged in," Veronica's nasally voice came from behind me. I'm too exhausted and cold to be dealing with her bullshit this morning so I just stuck up my middle finger behind me and kept walking. Not giving her the satisfaction of looking at her.

I took a seat at the back of the class but couldn't keep still from the sneezing fit I had for the rest of the period. It was like I was having a sneezing seizure every 5 minutes. If that's a thing.

As lunch came I saw Jade and Rose sitting at a table with Spencer and Leah. I couldn't stop the grin that came to my face when I noticed that spencer and Leah decided to stay and talk to us even though they could both be popular. I went to get my lunch before sitting down at the table and starting to eat.

"Hey-" *sneeze* "-guys!"

"Hey bitch" Jade and Rose said in unison. At the same time Spencer and Leah said:

"Hey doll!"

"Doll, your looking a bit pale... Are you okay?" Leah asked with a concerned look painted on her porcelain face.

"Yeah" *sneeze* "I'm fine. Just a little cold nothing serious, I just had to walk to school today," I answered, waving it off.

"Okay. Just be careful sometimes it may become pneumonia best to get it checked out" Spencer answered this time.