❄️Kaeya x Reader❄️

The annual Windblume festivities start next week, and as an adventurer who relied on commissions from the Adventurers Guild, I found myself robbing Hilichurl camps to pay my rent. Personally, I believed refusing the help of others is a little silly, especially if it was for love. Blah! So here I was, taking a much needed break. Lying on a park bench next to the fountain near the Knights of Favonius headquarters, I nibbled quietly on a chicken-mushroom skewer. It was only mid-day and I was already exhausted, it didn't help that my head was still swimming because of that bump to the head from a Mitachurl.

"Oh, if it isn't Mondstadt's most renowned Adventurer, (y/n)." A particular knight announced. I sat up on the bench before rolling my eyes at the man.

"Oh, if it isn't Mondstadt's most renowned blue-haired pirate, Kaeya." I mocked the man who was now smirking at me.

"Now, now (y/n). You know that's not how you speak to someone of my position." Kaeya teased, knowing I hated being told what to do.

"Ara ara! My greatest apologies, I forget I'm talking to the one and only Calvary Captain of the Knights of Favonius!" I retorted, causing Kaeya to let out a deep chuckle. The sound made my heart flutter, but I would never tell him so.

"I see you had quite the busy morning." Kaeya noted, gesturing to my messed up hair and dirt covered clothes.

"Was there something you wanted Captain Kaeya?" I replied, ignoring Kaeya's comment.

"Not in particular." Kaeya muttered before sitting down on the park bench beside me.

I began wrapping my chicken-mushroom skewer back up for later. "It's not like I wanted some peace to myself for a while." I mumbled under my breath so Kaeya couldn't hear.

"Is something bothering you (y/n)?" Kaeya inquired, glancing in my direction.

I looked him dead in the eyes before replying, "Yes, you."

Kaeya bit his lip, trying to hide his ever growing grin. "Nice to know I have that sort of effect on you."

My face fell in disappointment, "One must wonder how an idiot like you became a Captain to start off with."

"Thinking about it, there was something I wanted to ask you." Kaeya said, ignoring my insults.

I rolled my eyes again, slightly bobbing my head for him to continue.

"I have heard from various shop owners that you are looking for jobs to do over the festive season. I can conclude from this that you currently have nothing of substance to do."

"I guess you could put it that way. I was clearing Hilichurl camps..." I confirmed.

"It just so happens that I also have a free afternoon. So would you care to take a stroll around Windrise with me?" Kaeya's voice was slightly more hushed then usual and he fiddled with his hands.

My jaw dropped. The Windblume festival was widely known as an adequate time to make advances in your relationships, but it never crossed my mind that I, too, would fall victim to these romantic traditions. "Are you asking me on a date Kaeya?" I blurted out in disbelief, my cheeks turning a rose pink.

"Perhaps." He replied tilting his head back up to look me in the eyes. His violet eyes were absent of his usual arrogant and smartass demeanor.

"I- er..." For the first time ever, Kaeya's request caught me off guard and I didn't know how to respond. "...sure, I guess?"

Kaeya's teasing smirk once again returned as he grasped my hand to pull me off the bench. "Lovely darling." The words rolled off his tongue like music, "I already have food and a picnic blanket setup for us."

"How could you be so certain I was going to say yes?" I frowned at him, trying to hide a smile of my own.

"Because I am 'the one and only' Captain Kaeya." He answered in a matter-of-fact sort of way.

I rolled my eyes again for what seemed like the thousandth time today. "Keep talking about yourself like that and I'll be back to fighting Hilichurls for the afternoon." I retorted.

The walk over to Windrise consisted mostly of banter between Kaeya and I. I noticed upon our arrival, that Kaeya actually had set up a picnic under Windrise's massive oak tree. "You're not as incompetent as I thought you were." I stated before sitting down on the marron coloured rug.

"What did I ever to do you to deserve this treatment?" Kaeya questions sarcastically, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. The action made my heart rate pick up speed.

"Mmm, let me think, as soon as you opened your mouth to speak to me for the first time, I decided to treat you like an ass." I explained leaning into Kaeya's chest.

Kaeya hummed in response, "Fair enough." His arms found their way around my waist and his chin rested on top of my head.

All my life I had avoided falling for anyone because it makes everything complicated. I was shocked at how long it took me to realize that if I said I didn't like Kaeya, I would be in denial. "Kaeya?"

"Mmhm?"

"If you don't mind me asking... what does this date actually mean?" I questioned nervously.

A genuine smile formed on Kaeya's lips, "Oh. I thought it was obvious." He chuckled, "It seems I have taken a liking to you (y/n), therefore, it is only right of me to ask you on a date."

I could feel my checks reddening again, "You mean, like like me?"

"What are you a child?" Kaeya grinned, "Of course I like like you." He said pulling me in closer.

"Well in that case..." You mumbled leaning closer into his chest, "I reciprocate those feelings."

"Good." He stated planting a kiss on my forehead.

We stayed like that until the sky turned a crimson red and the sun disappeared over the horizon. 

~~~

A/N: So here is the first part to my genshin one-shots book. I hope you enjoyed! Also, I do take requests, so if you have one either comment here or you can dm me. 

Word Count: 1028