Raya and Namaari Part 10

Despite Ishan's looming threat and Namaari and Noi's persistent monitoring, things had been surprisingly quiet in Fang.

She had deduced that they had time. Not much, but enough for Namaari to foil Ishan's plans.

She hoped. But a storm was brewing.

                                (<:>)

Both soon enough and long past what felt like forver, Raya got to see Namaari again.

But not all was well. Raya had started to think of where this (hard to believe there even was a "this", proving the god of dreams must exist) was going...

Time for the hard talk, she supposed. She soon located Namaari in her room, near her desk.

"Is this an alright time, Dep La?" She questioned.

Namaari's usually stoic face lit up. Well, if stone could light up. "Of course" she softly smiled.

Raya winced, imagining that grin disappearing as soon as Namaari heard this..."What's it going to take for our relationship to become public?" Raya asked, trying to mask a break in her voice.

Namaari sighed, putting her face in her hands. "Between Ishan's wannabe coup and Chief Virana's arranged marriage plans, that's not even something I'm considering right now, to be honest."

Raya turned away to hide her pained expression. "Do have any idea when this will all be over, or how I can help you?"

Namaari looked away. "Just by staying safe. It's best if Heart doesn't interfere with Fang matters, at least in this case."

"I'm not asking as Heart. I'm asking as Raya."

"Dep La, we both know they are one and the same" Namaari stated carefully, not without gentleness.

"I-I used to have this dream, one day our kingdoms could be united."

"We are, under Kumandra" Namaari said brusquely, purposely ignored the real truth in her words.

"You know what I mean" Raya's fists involuntarily clenched.

"Is what we have so bad?" Namaari questioned tentatively.

Raya paused. "As long as I'm with you...I can make it work. You know that."

"Are you sure? People in Heart, from what I remember, have never been ones to hide their emotions and relationships. Even gay marriage isn't as reviled there, your birth rate is higher."

“I know. I’m all right. I just don’t want to talk about it" Raya stated hesitantly. This was new territory for them, the politics, discussing the future. Namaari had situated herself against the closed door, her hands stuck in her pockets. Her expression was tumultuous. She knew she had pushed Raya a bit far. Shame, maybe, mixed with doubt and nerves, and something else that was dark and heady and made Raya's toes tingle.

Namaari considered Raya for a long moment. “All right,” she said, finally. “I don’t want to talk about it, either.” Raya started to nod, but was surprised when Namaari pushed away from the door. Raya blinked and stumbled back, startled by the sudden movement. Three, four steps

The backs of her thighs hit one of the desks. “What—?” In one movement, Namaari lifted her onto the desk and pressed her back against the wall and—oh. Where before, the kiss had been gentle and cautious, now there was something passionate. Determined. Raya's body dissolved into nothing but sensation. Namaari's hands burned her waist through the skirt’s thin fabric. Her knees pressed against Namaari's hips, and she pulled her closer, closer, like she couldn’t get her close enough. A whimper escaped her mouth, only to be swallowed by Namaari's. She heard a moan, but it could have come from either of them.