chapter 3: a Wild Card (Rewrite)

(Flashback)

Erza. POV.

"Alright, let's get over the plan one more time" Erza said to 3 younger mage.

"Levy, will use her magic to distract the Vulcan, then Droy will throw his seed.
To emobelaze the Vulcan, after that both  Jet and I shall deal with the remaning Vulcan, with this nobody is to engage the enemy alone! If it come down to escape or you to get hurt I want you to let then go... Are we clear!?" Erza said with serious tone.

Which the three young mages nod in agreement.

"Good, now let us go!" Erza shouted.

(Time Skip)

The 4 young mages walk down to the forest, after their strategic discussion, they decide to play it safe. Since they have no idea, how will the job end up, soon they caught a glimpse of an abandoned church, sitting on the center of the forest. Soon the door open, revealing upon an old man, who was trying to get water from the river.

Soon that old man, saw the young mages.

"What are children doing here?"

"We are mages that take on the job you put on our guild, to extraminate the Vulcan," Erza reply.

"Oh... So your mages that take the job!
Sorry to disappoint  you, but their is already someone else that take on this job, before you arrive,"

"Excuse me?" Erza said in surprise tone. "But who is this person that take on this job?"

"Let see, it was a young kid that look around 12 to 14 year old, with a silver hair and a black robe, there was also a sword attach on his waist,"

"May I ask, what guild is this kid from?" Erza said .

"The kid said, that he din't belong to a guild,"

"What!" all 4 mage scream in unison.

Erza supprise to hear that a kid about their ages, take on an B-class job without a guild, which was even weirder, because there is no way, that some kid can even got lost in the forest.

"But if you want to take on the job, I  wont stop you, as long you get rid the monster, I shall pay you young one, with the money that I've promise,"

"Do we accept it?" Droy asked.

"Well, were already here, so why not?" Jet said.

"Then so be it," Erza said. "Alright, then well continue with the job,"

"Okay, but please becareful young one," warned the old man.

"Thanks for the concern, then let us go!" Erza said.

The 4 young mages then continue their journey to the deeper part of the forest.

"Hey, Erza!" Droy called out. "Who do you think the person that take this job?"

"I don't know, but we will investigate this matter as fast as possible" Erza said with a serious tone.