♡︎Chapter Four♡︎

"Nice of you to show up," Elle said coldly when Ivy walked into the briefing room, a few minutes late

"Nice of you to show up," Elle said coldly when Ivy walked into the briefing room, a few minutes late. Ivy didn't say anything, but she saw Hotch give Elle a warning glance. "Ok everyone, for this case, we're off to Portland, Oregon," Garcia said. Three images of bloodied bodies showed up on the screen, and Garcia winced and looked away. "Looks like they were shot execution style," Spencer remarked. "I think you're right, Reid," Hotch said. "It gets worse..." Garcia started. "These murders were all carried out within four days."
"This killer is on a spree. Wheels up in 30," Hotch announced, getting up from the table.

On the plane, Elle sat on the couch reading a magazine. Ivy sat as far away from her as she could get, but she couldn't help looking up at her from time to time. Although she hated herself for it, she loved the way Elle tucked her hair behind her ear, and how her lips parted slightly as she read.

Ivy really didn't want to be on bad terms with Elle. She decided she was going to try to make up with her. She got up from her seat and walked over to Elle. "Can I sit down?" She asked, gesturing to the open seat. Elle didn't look up from her magazine. "Do whatever, I don't care." Ivy didn't take that as a good sign, but she sat down anyways. "I just wanted to say... I'm sorry," she began. Elle finally looked up at her. "For what?" She asked. "Y'know... taking that shot when it was dangerous, playing the victim, all that." Ivy wasn't really sure why Elle was mad at her, and truthfully, Elle didn't really know either. "Ok, I'll accept that," Elle replied distantly. Ivy tried to not let anger get the best of her. But she couldn't let that go. "Why are you acting like I offended you personally?" Ivy hissed, trying to keep her voice down so the rest of the team didn't hear. "Excuse me?" Elle answered.
"You heard me, why are you so angry? I've apologized when I didn't need to, and now you're acting like that isn't enough," Ivy shot back. "Look, Ivy, I know you're new around here and all, but typically we don't shoot innocent people, ok?" Elle snapped. That was a low blow, and Elle knew it. She looked remorseful for a second, but her expression quickly became hard again.

By this time, the rest of the BAU had heard the argument and were staring at the two. "Is there a problem, ladies?" Hotch asked harshly. "N-no," Ivy stuttered. Hotch turned away from them, but the rest of the team's eyes lingered for a few seconds. Elle jutted her chin out, as if challenging them to look away.

♡︎♡︎♡︎

When the team reached the police station, Hotch took Elle and Ivy into a room. "What is this about?" Elle asked when Hotch closed the door behind them. He sank into a chair at the conference table. "It's about you. And Ivy. And the efficiency of this team," Hotch responded. "I can't have you two fighting. With a job like this, we can't afford distractions or mistakes," he finished. "Ok..." Ivy said slowly. "So what would you like us to do about... this?"
"I'm going to force you two to get along," Hotch replied. "From now on, you'll be practically inseparable. You'll be paired up for cases and sharing a hotel room." Elle stifled a groan. "You really think this'll make it better? I think it'll make this worse," she argued.
"Well, you'd better hope this works, because if not, I've got my eye on two other agents from different units that could step in for you at a moment's notice," Hotch answered. "What do you mean?" Ivy asked disbelievingly. "I mean that if you keep fighting like this, I'll have no choice but to put the both of you on probation," Hotch informed them. Neither of them wanted to disrespect their boss or make a scene, so they just nodded and excused themselves.