[1] Hectic Thoughts

Reki and Langa sat on the school roof finishing up their lunch. Reki often caught glimpses of Langa staring at him. He knew and noticed that Langa started to be more observant of Reki lately, but he didn't know that Langa had the hugest crush on him.

Langa POV-

I kept staring at Reki, his thick red hair, and his amber-colored eyes. I know I have feelings for Reki, I'm not in denial of my feelings anymore, but it was pretty embarrassing to find that out with my mom.

"Langaa! Hey Langa!" Reki flicked my forehead and I was snapped back into reality

"Oh- Sorry Reki, I keep zoning out." I apologized thinking I might've hurt his feelings

"Nah It's okay, but you keep zoning out lately.. is there something on your mind?" Reki was looking at me, he looks very concerned... I shouldn't lie to him but if I don't I probably will die of embarrassment.

"No, not really. Just.. getting a good stare in I guess."  That was even more embarrassing than telling him the truth.

3rd Person POV-

"Hmm, okay I guess. We should head back to our classroom though." Reki picked up his backpack and waited for Langa to get up.

They walked downstairs and through the school halls in a comfortable silence to their classroom. "Alright please take your seats and get out your English course 2 booklets to page 137." The teacher said, he was a very gloomy guy. During class Langa and Reki barely paid attention in class and instead exchanged funny faces to each other every now and then. Reki tried to hold in his laugh but when Langa mimicked ADAM's actions he couldn't hold it in any longer. "Reki Kyan. Step out of the room please, you too Langa." the teacher snapped.

Reki and Langa exchanged glances and walked out of the room.
"Now what?" Langa asked Reki

"I dunno, we can sit here I guess."

"Let's go to the bathroom, it's quieter there," Langa said grabbing onto Reki's wrist leading him to the boy's bathroom.

They walked into one of the blue stalls just in case somebody came in thinking they were skipping class. The stall was a pretty tight space to be in, but they didn't mind. Langa spaced out again and started staring at Reki, he didn't notice until Langa abruptly asked Reki something.

"Do you think we would make a good couple?"

"What-"

"Sorry, it's just something my mom told me."

"I mean.. from somebody else's perspective we might look like a cute couple. Maybe I think it's cute too?"

"I probably do too." Langa calmly said, he looked down at Reki's hand on the floor.

"Is this what's been on your mind?"

"Part of it."

They realized it was time for their next class and head back to the classroom.

-

It had been a couple of days since that incident and Reki was still wondering that other Part of it was. His thoughts were interrupted by Langa leaning on his table, "What's wrong?" He asked Reki

"Mm.. nothing." Reki looked away towards the window but Langa pulled his head back so that they were looking at each other.

"Don't ignore me Reki Kyan." Langa earnestly said, Reki ignoring him even more

"What's wrong c'mon tell me!" Langa whined and pouted making Reki laugh at the weird way Langa spoke.

"Nothing is wrong! I swear now let me be!" Reki giggled

"Hmm... I know what will make you feel better!" Langa leaned over Reki, their faces about an inch away, he could feel all the stares.

"Coochy coochy-coo~" Langa teased and started tickling Reki on his neck. Reki laughed and fell off his chair,

"Langa!" He shouted still giggling because of Langa. The stares Reki felt from his classmates started to fade but he could tell they were whispering with each other now. Langa helped his friend up and fixed the chair that had fallen over, he brought his chair over to Reki's table.

"Do you want to come over to my house today?" Langa asked deeply staring into Reki's eyes, it wasn't an intimidating stare, it was more of a soft stare. It was enough to make Reki blush just a tiny bit.

"Oh, sure!" Reki exclaimed, maybe I can finally find out what the other part was.

-

They walked out of their school and towards Langa's house, except they went a different way. "Hey Langa, isn't your house to the left?"

"Well, I was lying about going to my house." Langa laughed

"Okay? So where are we going then!"

"It's a surprise."

Reki walked next Langa observing each building they passed so he could try and figure out what this 'surprise place was. Langa grazed his hand along Reki as a way to ask him to hold hands, Reki never minded holding hands with him, but it felt different this time. Langa was holding on tightly, but it gave Reki a more affectionate sense. He looked down at their intertwined fingers and rubbed his thumb against Langa's hand meanwhile he looked at Langa, even if he was trying to hide it Reki could clearly tell that he was blushing.

Langa sped up and they arrived at what seemed to be a park, not a skate park, just one of those parks kids would go to during the summer. Langa hopped over the short gate since it was locked, due to renovations that would be coming soon, and Reki follows Langa in. They walked towards the swings and sat on them gently swinging.

"Langa, what was the other part?"

-

[950 words]

(cliff hanger for the soul,,, expect new chapter this week or next week!)