First Year Manager

****

"Are you sure that i would be a good manager? I mean this is a volleyball team were talking about here.." You said nervously as you, Oikawa and Iwaizumi stood in front of the gymnasium.
It was the last week of their first days of high school.
The boys had made the team and you always went to their practices, already meeting the rest of the team.

"You're always here anyways! And we'll help you as much as we can!" Oikawa smiled.

You gave him a nervous look as you debated whether this was a good idea or not.
You did already know most things about volleyball thanks to your best friends, but you still felt nervous.

"What if I can't do something right? What if I'm not good at the job!"

Iwaizumi put a hand on your shoulder."You'll be just fine."

"And coach already likes you!"Oikawa added.

You took in a deep breath before nodding your head. Agreeing to be the manager and let the two boys lead the way into the gym.

It seemed that coach was already expecting you since he had a clip board and a team jacket ready for you.

You couldn't help but smile.

Be coming the manager of the teams as a great idea.
You were able t spend more time with your friends and you also made a few new friends along the way.

You had trouble at first with speaking up to the upperclassman's mistakes since they didn't really take you seriously.
With you being a first year, some of the third years weren't happy to be bossed around by someone like you.

You would be your tongue at some remarks made, but as time went on, you finally got fed up.

It was a week before the spring Interhighs, the team was practicing on a Saturday and you could tell that the third years weren't even trying.
It pissed you off since everyone else was working so hard to get to nationals.

Oikawa was serving. His serve wasn't as refined as it was in his third year, so it was easy for the third years to receive on the other side.
But when they didn't and just decided to stand there, you threw your clip bored. Gaining everyone's attention.

You stood up and stared at the four first years.

You felt your blood boiling and you were ready to blow up.

"Uh oh.." Iwaizumi whispered to Oikawa, who just smiled as he watched you march to his upperclassman.

"You! You're the captain of this damn team a nod yet you couldn't even get that? Are you freaking kidding me!" You turned to another third year. "And you! You're supposed to be the so called ace of this team and yet you've been half asking your jumping! It freaking pathetic to watch! All four of you look f*cking ridiculous out there! I wonder what it'll look like exit week when you get your asses kicked on live television!"

The four third years just stared at you with smug looks on their faces.

"All four of you are a disgrace to this team! Its no wonder none of you have been to nationals Can't you see everyone else trying their best out there? They want to win! And clearly you don't!"
You took a deep breath. "Do us all a favour and get the hell out of this gym and never come back!"

"You think you can just walk up to me and talk to your upperclassman like that?" The captain smirked.

You clicked your tongue.
"You're no upperclassmen to me. This here is a team! Who cares about who came out of their mothers first! It doesn't change the way of the game of volleyball!"

The whole gym was silent.

"Now. How about getting your heads out of your ass's and play the damn f*cking game!"

The four third years looked to each other before coach came up beside you.

"Look. I agree with your manger. It's not had to see that none of you care for winning. But you can early see that everyone else here does. Now is not the time to bring the whole team down with your 'too cool for this' attitude."

You smirked to the four boy.
Crossing your arms in triumph.

"Now! Back to practice!' Coach said as he clapped his hands.

You rolled your eyes to the third years and grabbed your clip board that was on the floor.

"How you feeling?" Iwaizumi said as he came up beside you with Oikawa.

You turned to your friends. "I can't stop shaking..."

The tow boys laughed as they pulled you into a hug.
"You did amazing! Way to put them in their place!"

"You'll probably go down in history for that!"Oikawa smiled.

"I feel like I might puke.."

Oikawa stepped back. "Not on me!"

****

"I think that had to be my favourite memory of being a first year. Watching Y/n just rip into those third years ego. It was freaking hilarious!" Oikawa smiled as you drove home from the bar where the three of you were just meanest before.
You had already taken Iwaizumi home and now it was time to get yourself and Oikawa home.

"What brought up that memory?"

"Well, we were talking about the past and being first years...Then it randomly came into my mind..I'll never forget that day."

"Me neither..I felt like I was so small compared to those boys.."

"But hey! They never disrespected you every again after that day."

You smiled as you gripped the sterling wheel. "That's true. No one ever did. Except you or Iwaizumi."

"Yeah but you have a soft spot for us. So it only makes sense that we wouldn't take you seriously."

"Oh but you did when your would stay after school and over work yourself."

Oikawa bit the bottom of his lip.
"Yeah yeah.."

"Oh speaking of volleyball. Do you guys have a game coming up yet?"

"Not sure. Since Kayda quit the team, we've been kinda all over the place.."

"Makes sense..."

"But I'm sure I'll get a text or call sometime soon..are we home yet? I'm so hungry!" Oikawa slurred.

"Yes, were almost home."