Chapter 29- Lemon Pie

Spencer and Olivia had told the news to Diana as soon as they returned to Virginia from New York. She was elated when she heard.

The following weekend Rossi was holding a dinner party at his house.

Olivia stood sipping water at the window. She was already dressed her hair cascaded in loose curls past her shoulder. She wore a simple, long-sleeved, flowy dress, with black tights and knee-high boots. Even though she wasn't showing yet, she didn't need to draw attention to it.

Spencer unlocked the door to the apartment. "You're already ready." He announced as he entered and closed the door behind him.

"Well, that was a highly presumptive statement," she teased. She straightened his suit jacket and kissed his cheek.

"Here," he handed her box. Olivia took it but was puzzled. "You said earlier that you really wanted some lemon meringue pie, with candied lemons."

"I only said that 40 minutes ago. You went all the way downtown to get me this." She looked up at him in wonder. He nodded his hands sinking in his pocket. "Thank you." Spencer walked over to the draw and brandished a fork. "Don't we have to leave," she asked.

"Yes, but you can eat it in the car. If you really want it, you should have it."

"That would mean you have to drive," she raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"You sure?"

He nodded, "Anything for you."

"For me or for the baby." She playfully challenged. "Okay, then let's go." Olivia took the fork from Spencer and flipped on the box, happily munching away. "You want some?" she asked as they walked to the car.

Spencer opened his mouth, indicating for her to feed him. She loaded the fork and held it out for him. Just as he leaned forward to eat the pie, she diverted the angle of the pie so that she engulfed the pie, with a smirk. Spencer sighed in defeat. "I'm just kidding," she laughed, loading the fork once more and this time actually feeding him.

"Oh wow." Spencer licked his lips. "Now I see why you wanted that so bad."

Olivia proudly nodded. This was a good decision.

She continued to consume her pie as the couple chatted on their way to Rossi's. Olivia held out another fork full of pie for Spencer as they drove. He leaned to the side taking a bite. Olivia takes the opportunity to ask Spencer the question she has been wandering. "Are we telling them?"

Spencer almost choked. "Umm, if your comfortable with that," he mused.

"Let's play it by ear," Olivia suggested.

Just at that moment Spencer pulled up in Rossi's driveway.

"Sounds like a plan." Spencer turned to Olivia.

Olivia noticed the pie on corner of Spencer mouth. "You have pie on the corner mouth." Spencer wiped his mouth but missed the spot. "Still there," she laughed. "Here." Olivia leaned in and kissed the corner of his mouth, licking the pie form the corner of his mouth.

"I bet that was the best tasting piece," Spence remarked, brushing her cheek with his thumb.

"You wish," she winked at him.

A knock on the window made them jump back from each other. It was Luke and Penelope. "Come on love birds. Dinner isn't going to be severed in the car."

Spencer rolled his eyes and shooed this away.

"We can go home," he suggested.

"Normally I would take you up on that but I'm actually really excited to see what Dave cook's up for us. I could eat."

"You're hungry," Spencer raised his eyebrows.

"Are you shaming me?" Olivia quirked.

"No. I'm just calculating your macros. It's vital that the baby..."

"Nice save, sweetheart." She patted his arm.

"Did you take your vitamins?"

"Yup."

"Okay, let's get you some dinner."