Untitled Part 1

Manhattan is a part of New York which never sleeps. Decorated by skyscrapers, no one gives a crap about the clock that strikes at twelve, indicating that it is midnight. The bright part of the city is magnificent, and one of the skyscrapers that decorated the night is the infamous Stark Tower.

Well, not all parts of the city are bright, and a person is truly glad that the darkness exists. A 15-year-old girl slowly creep up in the darkness, her suit combines with the darkness, making her invisible.

‘Stark Tower… here we go again…’ she thought.

She ran from the alley and crossed the crowded street to the tower. She hid behind a bush and inspects the surroundings. She then wondered, ‘3 cameras, 2 guards on the gate, 3 on the entrance, and ugh, there is that AI system… Okay, no pressure.’

She pulled her tablet from her backpack and started to hack into Stark Industries’ system. After the access is granted, she smoothly proceeds on turning off JARVIS and the cameras, without exposing herself. When she’s done with hacking, she knocked down the guards soundlessly by kicking their Achilles heel’s and twist their vital point. She then sneaked up on the rest of the guards and hit their vital points. She injects them with tranquilizers before she entered the building, undetected.

“Crap, it’s not this…”

She rummaged through the files in Tony Stark’s drawers and bookshelves, but nothing could satisfy her need. She sighed and was about to exit when she spot a hidden ‘chamber’. She looked around and listened closely to any footsteps, before picked the lock with her hairpin. The drawer is unlocked and a thick file with ‘confidential’ written on it was present. Her eyes then beamed with happiness as she closed the chamber and locked it again, leaving it untraceable. Out of nowhere, she then heard footsteps, pretty loud but the owner intends to do it silently. She ducks behind a table and held her gun as the light turns on, realised that she’s standing in front of a glass, which reflects her pretty well.

“I know you’re there.” A deep voice, Tony himself, said. “Come up, I won’t hurt you…”

The girl slowly stood up and revealed herself. She wore an eye patch and she has brunette hair. Tony then asked, “What’s your name, honey?” She holds her gun tighter and answered, “Varelion.”

Varelion’s POV

“Varelion.” I said to Stark, not revealing my last name. Stark nodded and proceed, “Tell me, why did you sneak up to my house for these 3 days?” I smugly smirk and retorted, “Why should I tell? Wait…I am supposed to be the bad guy, and you caught me empty handed…What are you planning, Stark?” Stark leaned on the bookshelf and replied, “Ooh, feisty are we? Well, I have no plan actually…”

Wait, what?

I lowered my gun and asked, “If you know that I did this, why don’t you call the police?” He smiled at me and said, “You may not believe this but I feel like I can talk it out…with you.” I raised an eyebrow and put away my gun. He glanced at me and smiled softly, at the same time he strictly asked, “Once again, why did you do this? What did you need? If you need money, I can give it to you. If you want my toys and technologies, sure, I will give it to you.” I scoffed and crossed my arms, “Money? To hell with it, I don’t need your wealth or toys. Why did you have the file of my parents?”  I threw the file to him, which he caught swiftly.

‘Reagan Hayes; Laura Hayes’

Stark just widened his eyes as he flipped through the file. I tightened my grip around my gun and pulled the trigger at him, “TELL ME STARK!!” He glanced at me and motioned me to follow him. He led us to a bar as he grabbed a scotch. He offered me but I declined his offer, still holding the gun close. He picks a sit and I sat opposing him, him watching me as he sipped his drink.

He rubbed his temple with his thumb and said, “You’re lucky Pepper is not here, probably she will freak out and called for 911 already. I know your parents well, and please, just call me Tony.”

I put away the gun and widened my eyes: HE KNEW MY PARENTS WELL. I motioned him to continue and he proceeds, “Probably you know them as ordinary businessmen, but they are also agents of SHIELD, the best of their level, level 7. I am your mother’s colleague in MIT, she is a great person.” I let out a sad smile as I put my gun away and softly said, “You are lucky to befriend my parents. They are caring and warm, but they have their protective side as well…I apologize for ruining your night, thank you for the answers, Tony.” I was about to leave before my emotions consumed me when suddenly Tony grabbed my hand.

“Is this you? You’re my guest; you come and leave anytime you want?”

I pulled away and spat sarcastically, “What am I suppose to do, then? Feed you and put you to sleep?!” He rolled his eyes and commanded, “Stay, tell me all the truth.”

What?