Alfea School for Faries

The sun shone brightly above Alyanna's head, not aiding her perspiring body one bit. Having already entered Alfea, her next challenge would be to find friends and be "normal". She looked left and right for any semblance of familiar faces, but alas, everyone was a stranger to her.

Alyanna weighed her options. Asking for help right now would save her in the long run, even though Alyanna had absolutely no social skills. She could also go with the flow and be shoved around by fairies who were too confident in their abilities.

As she was thinking, a trill voice cut through her ears.

"This way girls!" An older brunette woman ushered a group of students to enter through a door, "Orientation will begin shortly!"

Uh oh. Orientation? Alyanna knew that Alfea would host a welcoming message from headmistress Faragonda for all the first years to welcome them to the school and discuss all of the school's greatest accomplishments from alumni. She knew that her mother would garner the most attention and pique everyone's interest in her. The last thing that Alyanna wanted was to have all eyes on her again given that she hadn't been publicly seen for years.

Alyanna balled her fists and breathed in slowly. You can do this. She thought to herself.

With her head held high, the princess tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and walked proudly to the orientation.

----

Upon reaching the orientation hall, Alyanna peered her head inside the door cautiously. Her face went pale once her gaze laid on the hundreds of students that had already gathered. It was too many to count and Alyanna felt a knot tying in her stomach. She hadn't seen a crowd this size since... forever. Not since Blysa had been corrupted by Darkar at the coronation.

Loud noises filled Alyannas ears as she sat in the assembly hall. The benches reached awfully high and far making her gaze upwards at the older students above. Alyanna's eyes scanned for her sister but she was lost somewhere in the croud. Some students were so far that to be heard faragonda had to use a microphone to get everyone's attention.

"Good morning students" The joyful headteacher exclaimed. "Welcome to Alfea the best fairy college in the magic dimension. This school will be your home for 3 years. A home where you grasp your powers and truly make a difference." Faragonda paused and used her remote to change slides. "Our alumni the winx have changed the magical dimension in many ways. They freed frozen domino and destroyed the ansestrel witches. One day all of you will be able to do amazing things such as this."

Faragonda kept going on and on about the winx. Alyanna knew her mother was an all-time hero while still being an excellent student but she didn't need to be in evey sentance. Alyanna felt people's eyes draw to her during the ceremony. She closed her eyes wishing on every star in a nights sky that they don't realise she is blooms daughter. Soon enough, the ceremony ended and the girls were sent off to their dorms but Alyanna first went to Faragonda's office to pay her godmother a visit.

Alyannas fist gently knocked on the tall looming door. Faragonda's calming voice replied for her to come in. She pushed the heavy door open and once Faragonda saw Alyanna her eyes lit up and she walked over.

"Hello dear! How are you? Are you enjoying Alfea so far?" Faragonda exclaimed. "Have you made any freinds?"

"I actually haven't talked to anyone yet." She replied thoughtfully "If I do make any friends I will tell you, y'know?"

"I know sweetie but I do worry about you sometimes. You need to come out of your shell one day." Faragonda put her arm round Alyanna and squeezed her as a sign of encouragement. "Now you best be off, and please Alyanna try to make friends!"

"I know, I know." She picked up her suitcases again and walked out of the office, her hair trailing behind. She's always had a close relationship with Faragonda, she is her godmother after all. The corridors felt silent and eerie just like the palace somewhat making Alyanna feel at home. She'd hear girls laughter and shreiking from each room as she walked past fading in and out and in and out...