06: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗍.

❥❥❥

𝗏𝗂. 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝖽𝖾𝗇𝗍.

"Darling, you look very beautiful today."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Can you believe it?" asked Y/n as she walked towards the bookshelf in Harry's room to pick out a few of the muggle books he had to bring to Hogwarts. "Just this year left then we'll be getting jobs? Shocking really."

Harry glanced down at the picture frame in his hands. "It really is," he said. "I could still remember the time we first met each other when we were around eight years old, and our other friends when we were eleven, now we're here; packing our things up for our very last year."

"I'll definitely miss sneaking out at night to go to the Astronomy Tower," she let out a small laugh before stuffing the books into her trunk.

"Or sneaking out to go to the kitchens," Harry added.

After slamming her trunk shut, she went over to flop down onto the bed in a starfish-like position, staring up at the constellations on the ceiling. "I wonder what job I'll get," Y/n wondered, tracing out each star with her finger in the air. "What job are you applying for, Harry?"

"I'm not sure, yet," he answered with a shrug. "But I've been thinking about being a Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor at Hogwarts, or maybe an Auror."

"I think you'll fit the first option more," said Y/n, sitting up on her elbows to get a better look at the boy on the floor. "You taught us so many things in fifth year during the DA, so I see no reason why you shouldn't be a DADA professor. You were, and still are, an amazing teacher — but it is your choice after all."

Harry flushed red at the compliment. Clearing his throat, he stood up and moved over to sit beside her, taking hold of her hand and playing with the rings on her fingers. "What about you?" He asked, studying each intricate design of the rings. What will you be applying for?"

"We pretty much have the same ideas, really," she chuckled softly. "I was thinking of being a professor at Hogwarts or an Auror, too."

"Really?"

She nodded with a small grin forming on her face. "I'm thinking of being a potions professor though," she said, sitting up properly and resting her head on Harry's shoulder. "Although being an Auror doesn't sound too bad, the only thing is that I don't know much about it. I only want to be one because my dad's an Auror himself."

"Well," began Harry. "I think you should apply to be a potions professor. I mean — you're bloody talented in potions! You've been getting good marks in it ever since first year."

"That's what happens when you're the daughter of one of the most famous potioneers out there," said Y/n, nuzzling into his neck. "At a young age, you start learning about very advanced potions and brewing them."

Their hands were now intertwined as Harry pulled her down on the bed so she was laying down on her back again. Wrapping his arms around her waist whilst Y/n pulled the covers up so it was covering their bodies.

"Good night, darling," Harry mumbled into her hair before kissing her forehead. "Sweet dreams."

"Good night, love."

⚡︎⚯⚡︎

The next morning, Y/n found herself being shaken awake by Harry. Groaning, she rolled over so her back was facing him.