10: 𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗒'𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇.

❥❥❥

𝗑. 𝗀𝗂𝗇𝗇𝗒'𝗌 𝖽𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌 𝗉𝗅𝖺𝗇 || 𝖿𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗁𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋²

"I believe you."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

When were they ever going to stop hanging out? When were they going to stop being friends? When would they start hating each other?

The sight of Y/n and Harry holding hands before her made her blood boil — she wanted to be the one holding Harry's hand, she wanted to be the one who would make him laugh with just one simple action, she should've been the one that's in Y/n's place at that very moment.

It wasn't fair — nothing was fair.

November 5th, 1993

Just as she thought the failed confession the other night ruined everything, it seemed to have bought the duo closer than ever. If she didn't know them or never went to school with them, she would've thought that they were a couple.

From the way Harry looked at Y/n as if she was made to be there right beside him made her think that he reciprocated her feelings, which led Ginny to quickly come up with her plan to break them up.

Her first attempt wasn't successful as Harry along with Ron and Hermione asked for proof, which she didn't have at that time.

Honestly, she didn't know why Ron would be siding with a Slytherin like Y/n. Her own brother? Siding with the girl she said she hated? That wasn't going to work.

A sickening feeling formed in her stomach as she continued to watch the two best friends from across the courtyard, she decided to get up from the bench she sat down on and stomped over to the library; a place she found herself going to quite often over the past week.

Hermione, of course, was suspicious of Ginny — not only because of bumping into her at the library countless times but also because of her silent assumption that the redhead had followed Harry to the Astronomy Tower the other night.

"I think she's up to something," Hermione whispered to the girl in front of her, eyes flickering over to Ginny (who was on the other side of the library) from time to time. "Why'd you think she's been coming here for five days straight?"

"Because she wants to study?" Said Y/n cluelessly, shrugging her shoulders. "Hermione, she's just a kid — leave her be."

"She's trying to break your friendship up. I know it!"

"Mine and Harry's?"

"Of course, who else?"

Y/n sighed, looking back down at the book she was reading and flipping the page over. "How would you know that?"

Hermione scoffed at her question. "I know because I've caught her before," she said. "I've caught her talking to herself! I was going to drop some books she had told me to get at the library, only to hear her say that her little 'plan' of breaking you and Harry up was going to work and she would make sure of it."

The bushy-haired girl huffed as she walked up the stairs to Ginny's dorm with her hands full of books that were too advanced to read and understand for a second year. "What kind of second year needs books like these?" She asked herself. "Even I can't see myself reading these last year, and I love to read!"