30.

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

The least I could say Valentine's Day wasn't that bad. My mom had booked a reservation at this new fancy restaurant. The interior was beautiful but the food was pricey as hell but you get the right amount so it was worth the bucks. It was May now, and I hadn't been talking to Harlow since my outburst. I did think about what Amy said and it was eating me up because I was doing the complete opposite. My family was more important than some boy, and we'd have a new addition to the family soon.

"Where in the world is dad at?" I asked, with knitted eyebrows.

"I don't know Ha but he was supposed to have been here an hour ago and my appointment is in ten minutes." She huffed, shaking her head. My mom's belly had grown a lot since then. Her belly button had even protruded and it was too cute. I looked away and somebody else walked in. Her belly was just as big. She waddled to the front desk to check in, she received paperwork and then sat down across from us. I hated to stare but she looked so familiar.

We locked eyes and I looked away. She kept her stare for a second longer and then went back to filling out her form. I slowly reverted my eyes back to her to take in her facial features but her hair was in the way. Her hair was in a kinky curly style, and she had bangs cut in the front.

"Oh, there he is." Mom elbowed me, I looked up and there he was coming through the door but he looked different.

"Where have you been?" Mom asked, looking up at him. He didn't answer right away, instead he looked across from us. I followed his eye to the girl sitting in front of us. "Excuse me?" I looked back over at my mom and dad and she was not happy. She was agitated and this was not a good way to start off the day.

"I'm sorry, I accidentally overslept. I came as soon as I saw your text." He lied. I knew that's exactly what he was doing. Mom looked at him before rolling her eyes. She didn't believe a single word that slipped from his lips.

"And when did you start growing your hair out, and did you dye your beard?" She questioned. Dad just touched his hair pulling at the curls, and then twisted his beard in his fingers.

"You don't like it?" He asked, I shook my head in disappointment.

"Cookie Fenty." The nurse called. I stayed seated as mom and dad both rose up.

"Hey mom I'm gonna go ahead and get stuff for the house. Just gonna get it out the way." She nodded, we gave each other a kiss and I left the office.

I loved to grocery shop alone. I could go at my own pace to take as long as I needed. Walmart was my favorite place to go. I put in the my AirPods to tune out everyone else and just so I didn't have to converse with anyone. I hated talking to people and I didn't really like people either. I checked off the item on list mom wrote as I picked them up. I made sure to get the Walmart brand and the right name.