Don't Blow A Fuse

Chapter Summary:  

Wave was mad.

Like, really mad.

No one wants to be around him when he's mad, except for Pang.

The problem was, Pang is the reason why he's mad.

Or

A girl comes up to the Gifted table and starts flirting with Pang, and Wave isn't really happy with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pang and Wave have been dating for a while now, and although they hadn't officially announced it, their classmates could notice it. The lingering eyes, the "necessary touches" , them always being together, they couldn't be more obvious. Today, everyone was enjoying their lunch in the cafeteria, eating and cracking jokes, until-

"Hi, is this seat taken?"

Everyone turned into the area of that voice. What appeared to them was a girl with brown hair, a lot of makeup, and a beautiful smile. No one actually knew who she was, but looking at her pin, she is in the same class as Pang.

"Oh, Mani, how's it going?" Pang said, a little shocked at the greeting.

"Hi Pang," Mani said, as she took the seat right next to him (without asking). "I'm great, I've just been thinking about some stuff lately."

Wave, on the other side of Pang, was not happy at this exchange. He knew that they weren't exactly ready to come out to everyone, but he didn't like how he just had to sit there with someone to get with his man. Claire tried to distract him by talking about the new play she's in, but he still felt a little annoyed with the lack of attention from Pang.

"Hey Pang, can you help me with my English homework? I didn't understand the first part of the lecture," Mani said, with a faint smile on her face.

"Sure, which section?" Pang responded, opening up his book himself, but Mani held his hand to stop him.

Held his hand.

'Strike 2,' Wave thought. He isn't one for jealousy, because at the end of the day, he is the one who has been by Pang's side since the beginning, and vice versa. However, he did feel his hand gripping his fork a little too hard as the conversation moved along.

To everyone around them, this should've seemed like a normal conversation at a table, but the Gifted Class saw that this wasn't a normal conversation. This was a ticking time bomb.

And someone was going to blow.

"Hey, Wave, don't think about it too much, they're just friends." Namtarm whispered to him, rubbing his back while doing so.

They're just friends Wave, just friends. Just frie-

"I meant, you can help me with it after school today in my dorm. You know, just the two of us." Mani said, with a smirk on her face.

Everyone froze for a second, before turning to Pang and Wave.

Strike 3. You're out.

"No actually, I'm busy after schoo-" Pang started, but was interrupted by someone.

"Can you stop flirting with my boyfriend?" Wave scowled, already trying not to blow a fuse with his anger.

"I don't see a nametag on him. I can flirt with him if I please," Mani said, with a devilish smile on her face.

"This little bitch," Wave thought. "That's it, no holding back."

"Oh really?" Wave said, turning around to look straight in her eyes. "Are you sure about that?"

Wave proceeded to grab Pang's shirt, and kissed him right then and there.

Everyone was so surprised, and Korn even got out his phone to take a photo.

Pang, regaining his composure, kissed him back passionately. They stayed in that position for a couple more seconds, until Wave pulled out slowly. He looked back at Mani, and stuck his middle finger at her.

"I don't need a nametag to prove that he's my boyfriend to you. Now, I suggest you go right back to your friends or I will hack into all of your devices and post all your embarrassing photos all over the school. It would be a shame if your popularity went down the drain in a single night. Wouldn't it, Mani?" Wave questioned, with a satisfying smirk.

Mani's confidence instantly vanished, and huffed as she got up and left the table, grumbling something under her breath.

Pang and Wave returned to their lunch, acting like nothing had happened in the past 8 minutes.

"PANG AND WAVE ARE DATING EACH OTHER?!" Ohm screamed, causing everyone in the cafeteria to look at the table.

The two boys looked at each other, before sprinting out of the cafeteria, with a flabbergasted Ohm behind them. The rest of the Gifted class just laughed at the scene before returning to their meal.

No one would forget this day for a long time.