+ Shane +

Hi, I'm Shane. Some call me The Devourer, King, or The Reptile King. I suppose you could say I've had a troubled life. 
I grew up in Stetriol, I'm basically the poorest prince in the world. My family was plagued by the bonding sickness. I grew up afraid of getting the bonding sickness, scared of a spirit animal. Although I did summon a spirit animal, Grahv, a crocodile. With the power of the Bile. 
My goal was to help Stetriol and its people. Using this goal, Kovo and Gerathon and were able to manipulate me into gathering an army and waging war with the Greencloaks. I'm sure you've heard of them. 
I gained many enemies and lost many people, including my sister and Abeke, my friend.
My sister was killed by her own spirit animal. ever since she summoned the spider, Iskos, she had the bonding sickness. My former tutor, Yumaris, held her down as she was killed. 
Abeke was a friend. I betrayed her. Simple. I don't really want to get into that. 
The first half of my story I was the boy king. Someone once told me 'a bad person can do good things for bad reasons'. I suppose that's who I am.  
I'm not proud of my life, but I like to hope that the second part of my story makes up for it. Hopefully. 

People who had used the Bile to summon spirit animals, (and had them is passive state when the Evertree was destroyed) were starting to merge with their animals. I formed the Redcloaks. A group of us. Who'd mixed with our animals. We left our old identities behind. We took on new names. Names with meanings, such as Worthy, Shadow, Stead, Talon, Howl, Flip, and many others.
I took the name King. Although I reviled to Abeke who I was at one point. She got angry. 
During the fight with the Wyrm, I was killed. Trying to save Abeke. I tried to save her from her own spirit animal. 
...
So how am I alive?
Very good question. 
I'm not sure.