Chapter 1: He will be missed.

Dawn's POV:

Black. That's all I could see and then a hand reaches out to me through a gate encircled by crystal clear water, switching appearances through every move, moving in a continuous motion, on and on. A magnificent sight for an eye, so... precious. I smiled. I don't think I was ever that contented by seeing something, no it wasn't the surreal sight of the atmosphere but simply that one person. . .

Saturday, 7 am

My eyes shoot wide open; I squint my eyes a bit from sunshine as it enters my eyes from the window next to me.

"Argh... Oh god, just as I have something fascinating in my life it completely shuts down!", hmph. I grumble after flashbacks of my dream start to flood. It was odd, but I felt fortunate. Hmm... It felt so real.

I get up, enter the bathroom. Then rush to the kitchen for something to eat. I take out 2 eggs, crack them up above a heated pan and wait. My mind starts to wander again. Today I'm a bit energetic, so I'm going for a little walk later even though I often rest on my couch for the whole day on weekends. After eating, I wore a shirt, a pair of black trousers, and that's it (they call me boring for my sense of fashion). I grabbed my keys, locked my room's door, and I hopped into the elevator. Just as I am about to leave the elevator, I took a glimpse of the cute little golden puppy figurine attached to the keychain that my parents had given me. I miss them. It's only 2 weeks till I leave this hotel and go back to my home town. Wait until my exams are over.

I saw that obnoxious girl receptionist.

She has long messy brown hair, olive-green eyes, a slightly round face, wears big thick glasses, and a crooked smile. She's got fair skin, and she's a bit tall. She walks in an awkward and shy manner.

Furthermore, she has way too many jobs! She was the barista that gave me my coffee on Sunday; the delivery woman who delivered my pizza on Monday; my tutor on Tuesday; showed me my way to the novel I wanted at the library on Wednesday in fact, she was the assistant; the gardener for that woman living near the post office on Thursdays. I heard that she wanted to complete her education no matter what. I feel sorry for her as she works too hard, but that doesn't change the fact she's pretty weird; she's obsessed over something she reads but tends to hide whenever anyone passes by.

"Hey there, Iris!"  I startled her. She immediately hides what she was writing. "Sup, Dawn!" she said hesitantly. She pulls her books, pens, bag, her cup, and the mess sprawled all over the place all into one hand. "Sorry, I must go. Enjoy your day!" she said. Before I could process this mess, I whisper 'suspicious weirdo.  Dangit! That shouldn't come out. 

"We will see if I give you good events. After all, I got the pen!" she chuckles.

"What..."

" Let's begin, everybody!" she shouts out.

"You don't make any sense!" 

"Oh, It's nothing! Haha," she said before she sprinted to the door.

I walk out of the hotel,  and I started going into random places. I stopped by one of my favourite spots, a quiet place where you can watch the city.

Transition!

It's night already!

Transition!

I can't breathe!

" WHAT IS THIS!"

Transition!

I'm at the hospital. My parents are here! My mom is weeping with a handkerchief to her eye, and my father looks terribly concerned. I can barely 

"Son, NO!"

'Hmm... I don't think I need to describe what a transition is. My dear readers, it is pure darkness in the blink of an eye'

Tears.

I'm being placed into something. Everybody is above me. THEY'RE PUTTING ME IN MY GRAVE!

Dirt is being spread all over blocking my sight.

No, it can't be. 

"It'll be alright"

Transition! 

Quick March!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER

next, you'll get to visit another universe and meet ;-)

A different era