Addictive

(not proof-read)

~~~

— He lays in his arms, snuggling into to the body heat that he can't seem to avoid.

— "I love you," but he doesn't believe it's true.

— "I hate you," he claims, though it sounds false in his heart.

— "I'll make you love me," he heard his companion state, hoping deep inside that it will work.

— "I don't think that's possible." though he refutes through words.

— "I just have to try."

~~~

— They were walking down the sidewalk, taking on the appearance of business partners as they make their way to the next location of Scarlet Eyes.

— He turns to glance at his partner, looking into his deep grey eyes, cold and stoic.

— When his partners catches his eyes, he directs a smile toward him, small and gentle in nature, but there has to be something wrong behind it.

— But he flushed anyway, turning away to break eye contact as his pale complexion colours crimson.

— He inwardly curses his body's natural reactions to Chrollo.

~~~

— He sat alone on his temporary bed, thinking intently about his circumstances.

— He had been stuck with Chrollo for a few months, tracking the remaining Scarlet Eyes.

— Chrollo claimed to love him.

— He claimed to hate Chrollo.

— He was in the right, he tried to convince himself, Chrollo had killed his family.

— But he had grew close to him, closer than he had with anyone before.

— It was all manipulation, he believed, all meant to deceive him, stray him from the truth.

— He wished, in his heart, that it had been true, and that Chrollo truly cared for him.

— Yet his mind tried to find any possible thing to prove otherwise, constantly plaguing him with the thoughts of all the stuff he had done wrong.

— But, he had also wronged Chrollo by murdering some of his friends.

— He hated him.

— Still, when Chrollo had walked into the room, he found himself smiling.

~~~

— Chrollo was explaining the details of their next heist for the Scarlet Eyes, but he couldn't concentrate on what he was saying.

— He was entranced by the smooth voice coming from the man, the slight raspiness adding to the spell it put over him.

— He tried as hard as he could to pay attention, but it was all for naught as he kept mindlessly trailing back to the sound of Chrollo's voice.

— His eyes trailed the other's jawline, taking in every curve and imperfection. He eventually found himself staring at his lips, moving in time with the words spoken.

— He slammed his eyes shut, mentally chiding himself for even thinking of that.

— "Are you okay, love?" He heard, slowly opening his eyes to meet the concerned ones of Chrollo.

— "I'm fine- but don't call me love, I don't love you." He tried to push down the heat rushing to his face because of the pet name.

— "But I love you,"