One-Shot

(A/N: sorry for the wait on this one)

Small Key:
y/n = your name
m/t/n = math teacher's name
h/t/n = history teacher's name
f/r/m = favorite romance movie
italics = thoughts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You smiled at Kosaka as he walked up to the table you were sitting at. Your grades have been slipping in a few of your classes and he offered to tutor you. You were more than happy to accept and explained you've just been a bit distracted during school; deciding to omit by what, or rather, by whom, from your explanation. He waved at you and placed his bag on the table, pulling out some textbooks and notebooks.

"Were you waiting long?" he asked you

"No, I was just working on some practice test Mr. (m/t/n) and Mrs. (h/t/n) gave me," you said, pushing the small pile of half-filled-out papers to the side "Probably got everything wrong though."

Kosaka chuckled and looked over the papers. You sat there nervously as he silently graded them. After he had finished, he slid the papers to you: 48, 61, 23, 72. You frowned and sighed, ashamed of the grades.

"Don't look so upset," Kosaka said, placing a hand over yours in an attempt to comfort you "It's not as bad as you think."

"I failed every single one of them. How could it possibly not be bad?" you sighed, slightly giving up already

"Your issue with math is just little details being overlooked like forgetting to carry a number or not paying attention to when sighs cancel out," he pointed out "As for history, you're just getting names or dates mixed up. If you focus a bit more on memorizing and slow down a bit when you're doing math, you should see a huge improvement."

You smiled, suddenly feeling much less stressed about school. The two of you studied together and filled out some online worksheets. After a few hours, you started spacing out and dozing off a bit. Noticing how tired you seemed, Kosaka started gathering the books and papers sprawled over the table.

"It's getting late, I'll walk you home" he offered

You gave him a small nod and grabbed your backpack. The two of you walked silently out of the library. As you walked side by side, you stole glances at Kosaka; blushing slightly harder every time. You didn't live far so it wasn't long before you were at your front door.

"Hey, Kosaka," you called out just before he left "Did you want to stay for dinner? My mom's working late but she said she left some money to order takeout."

"I'd love to, thanks," he smiled, walking up the stairs of your porch and following you inside

The both of you kicked your shoes off and sat on the couch. You called in the takeout order while he browsed through movies. The worker on the other line told you the food sure be delivered in about an hour so you thanked her and hung up.

"This is my favorite movie" you smiled as he played (f/r/m) "How'd you know?"

"Just a guess," he chuckled.

"The food should be here in about an hour," you told him, inching a little closer to where he was sitting

You quietly watched the movie while waiting for the door to arrive, eventually resting your head on his shoulder. You hadn't even noticed how close the two or you were sitting, or the arm  he had around you waist, until you turned to ask him if he was enjoying the movie. Red instantly spread across you cheeks and you scooted a little bit further away.

"Everything okay?" he asked, confused why you suddenly moved

"Y-yeah," you blushed "What do you thing so far?"

"It's pretty good"

You smiled and stared at him for a minutes, your mind snapping away from your daydream by the doorbell.

"That's probably the food," you said as you stood up and walked toward the door

Kosaka paused the movie and walked behind you to help you carry the food. You paid the devilery guy and walked back over to the couch where Kosaka was setting the food out on the coffee table.

Should I tell him? It's just the two of us right now.

"(Y/n)?" he said "You okay? You're spacing out a lot today."

"Just thinking about something," you blushed "Sorry."

"Anything you want to talk about?"

You sat on the couch and quietly put some food on a plate, shaking your head softly. You slipped back into your thoughts as the two of you ate and resumed the movie. What's the worst that could happen? I'm gonna go for it. You turned your head to him, placing your food down, and inching a bit closer to him on the couch.

"Um, K-Kosaka" you said nervously, "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course," he smiled, pausing the movie

"I..." you started to say, backing out midsentence "Nevermind."

You sighed and gathered your garbage into a small piled, mentally wallowing in your feelings. A sudden warmth on your hand caused you to whipe your head up. Kosaka moved closer to you and smiled softly. You blushed and turned away, your heart racing in your chest.

"It's okay," he assured you "You can say it"

He gently turned your head to face him, still giving you the same comforting smile. A part of you calmed down as you stared at each other. Your faces slowly gravitated closer, not quite close enough to touch but not quite far enough to be simply be platonic. Just before his lips could graze yours, you pulled away sadly.

He's too good for me.

"What's wrong?" he asked "Did I overstep?"

"No, no," you assured, "Nothing like that. It's just... you deserve so much better than someone like me."

"Nonsense," he said, shaking his head with a soft chuckle "You're beautiful, kind, and smarter than you realize. Any guy would be more than happy to be in my place." You smiled shyly, blushing harder than you had been all night, and looked up at him. "So, can I kiss you now?"

All you could bring yourself to do is nod happily. Smiling back at you, Kosaka leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on your lips.

"I really like you (y/n)," he said as he pulled away "Would you maybe like to go on a date sometime? Maybe let me take you to dinner next time?"

Once again you could only manage an excited nod.

(A/N: Wattpad is being a bit glitchy keeps saying the full thing is posted but when I check on mobile, only half shows up. Hopefully just adding this little not fixes it)