Page 01: Book Nerds

A/N: So this is something that needed to be written. Tsukiyama with Fem!Kaneki - because there was surprisingly nothing of that written that we could find. This is something that we besties made in light of that and then some book talk was involved and fanart was looked at.

Just note that this is an AU - but some things is Kaneki, Hide, and Touka are all genderbended. (Don't like that then don't read) Kaneki is already half-ghoul and the events leading up to the fights between Mado and Toushi (Touka) and Amon and Kaneki Kendae have already taken place. All other events after that will probably be out of order... but this is going to be a love story, so yeah.

{DISCLAIMER} We do not own Tokyo Ghoul and it's characters~!

--

:Page 01: Book Nerds:

"I don't know, but I can tell he's a monster by the way he's lived his life up till now."
The heroine spoke to her best friend. "Even so, I can't help but be drawn to him... Like he's in need of saving from himself, a chance to make something good out of himself."

"Yeah? And maybe you're just crazy, Meiko." Chided the best friend, causing the black-haired girl reading the novel to giggle slightly to herself.

She was really enjoying this piece; it was from a novelist that she's followed for a few years now. She always makes such engaging books, and they vary between genres every time.

Kaneki had decided to stop by the book store since her shift at Anteiku ended early and she had already finished studying for her college courses. She liked keeping up with her authors', and when she found out that the newest creation came out today, she couldn't wait to get her hands on it.

So now the half-ghoul sat at a wide table in a comfy seat as she relaxed and read on — now onto the sixth chapter. Her one gray eye that was visible scanned the page she was on, and she didn't bother to put her shoulder-length dark hair up or change out of her work uniform. She was content with being in her own world of fictional characters and mysterious romances...

Long, manicured fingers scanned the line of books before coming to a stop at one in particular and nimbly pulled the novel from the shelf. Purple eyes gazed the cover in interest then turned the novel over to read the summary. Interesting... He hadn't seen this one yet before, and he'd thought he'd read everything by this author.

Tsukiyama added the book to the small collection of works in the crook of his arm and left for the checkout line. He was curious for what this new novel entailed; this particular author had always been a favorite of his and never ceased to amaze with her ideas—

What was that smell?

The ghoul, known as the Gourmet to all in the ghoul community, sniffed the air and was nearly blown away by the potent scent. It was delectable, tantalizing, mouth watering...and coming from the girl a few feet away, reading a novel in the comfort of a plush chair. Tsukiyama couldn't tell what the title was from his position, but when he crept closer he could tell the girl's features and it took his breath away. She. Smelled. FINE. Better than anyone he'd ever had the pleasure of smelling. Add beauty to the mix and Tsukiyama simply had to have her.

The purple-haired ghoul brushed his bangs back and put on a winning smile. He would win her over, and then would he devour her.

The Gourmet strolled forward and, reaching the table, settled his free fingers on the dark grain. "Excuse me," he purred, gesturing to the chair across from hers, "Is this seat taken?"

"No, you can't mean that!" The heroine of the story, Meiko, shouted to the man in dark.

The way the chilling scene in the rain was described, Kaneki could feel goosebumps litter her skin as if she were the one being struck by the icy rain. She became so wrapped up in the story that painted in her mind so intricately that she failed to notice the older man approach and speak to her.

"This is what I am, Meiko! You can't change me!"
The man with the red eyes of a dragon spoke to her, his angry pupils slitted and Kaneki bit her lip slightly. What would Meiko do now? She herself was at a loss on what the heroine might say or do...