Page 03: Coffee Date

A/N: So it's next chapter that contains the awesome Hideko. This will be Tsukiyama and Kaneki's first date! Thank you to everyone who commented, you're all so nice and welcoming~

[Disclaimer] We do not own Tokyo Ghoul characters.

-----------------------------------

:Page 03: Coffee Date:

"Would you like creamer to go with your coffee, sir?" Kaneki asked politely, notepad and pen in hand as she stood at a table with an older gentleman.

"Yes, please. Thank you so much," The old man smiled and Kaneki bowed her head slightly before going to the back with the order. She had come in around seven this morning after not really being able to sleep. She had jitters all last night over the fact that she would be going on a date today.

She constantly kept looking over at the clock every hour, and Toushi would catch her a few times and ask her what was up-to which she honestly didn't know how to respond.

As she started making the coffee, she felt herself sigh.

"Okay, that's maybe the eighth time you've done that this morning." Toushi came up behind her cleaning a plate with a wet dishrag. "Why are you so out of it? Lack of sleep? ...Hunger?"

Kaneki jumped at the younger boy's sudden appearance and tried to contain how flustered she really was at being caught. "N-No... well, it's something else..."

"And that is?" Toushi leaned his back against the counter and nudged Kaneki in the shoulder. "Not much can make you that out of it, Kaneki. Don't be so shy, whatever it is I'm not going to laugh."

Kaneki looked down, a blush on her cheeks. "Well... I have a date today, and..." she ducked her head further. "It's my first one." She almost whispered. Gosh, she was nervous and embarrassed.

Toushi stopped cleaning and sharply turned his head, incredulous. "You... You have a date?! That's why you're so flustered?" The ghoul sighed and cocked his hip, looking Kaneki dead in the eye. "Just think of it like you're going out with a friend or...or something."

Toushi pursed his lips and scrubbed the plate furiously. "Honestly you're overthinking this."

"You really think so? Say, Toushi-kun, have you ever went on a date before?" Kaneki asked the younger ghoul, who immediately went still.

Toushi was thankful he had his back to Kaneki, or otherwise the half-ghoul would see his red face.

"T-That is for me to know only." Meaning yes. But that was a long time ago. Eager to change the conversation Toushi asked, "Who is it anyway? A human, a ghoul? That friend of yours?"

"N-No! It's not Hideko!" Kaneki hid her blushing face behind her black hair. She didn't even see Hideko like that! "I-It's...It's a ghoul."

Toushi was shocked, he didn't see Kaneki the type to be getting friendly with a ghoul when she was still so scared by their lifestyle... "Oh, who is it?" He tried to remain indifferent about it, hoping for more information...

"Oh, his name is-"

"Kendae-chan!" The manager's voice called out from the front, "Can you come out? Some customers have just come in."

"Be right there!" Kaneki yelled back and finished up the coffee. "Um, talk to you later?" She stopped briefly for Toushi, who waved her off.

When Kaneki went back into the store's front she saw Yoshimura taking care of a customer at the register and saw that a couple had just sat down at a window seat.