𝐎𝐧𝐞; 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭

Chapter 1 

Everything We're Not 

TW: PTSD/Childhood Trauma

August 31, 1995

Katherine found herself lurking throughout her family's estate as though she was a stranger. It didn't feel like home, after all these years wouldn't it feel nice to be back home where she belonged?

Her black dress shoes clucked against the dark wooden floors. Her hand cascaded, dragging behind the velvet stained walls slowly. - The place looked as though it had been deserted. Never in a million years would she ever think she would ever be back here.

Again reliving unwanted memories from her earlier years. How'd everything she tried to forget just came flooding back. She was practically paranoid. Constantly wondering if anybody else was here, but that was unlikely. She knew somebody else would be lurking the halls of the estate. Maybe a housekeeper or so.

Already she was bothered by what she had called her home years ago. Knowing that outside of these walls there was a world where people despised her family. Either standing with them or against them. How'd everyone knew her parents were two ruthless and cold death eaters in a loveless marriage. It was all plastered in lies.

She felt her heart drop, as though it had sunk. Her life was plastered in between these four walls she barely called home. How'd she often recall what was left of her childhood. Continuously wishing day after day she could stop reliving those moments.

She felt herself grasping the fine lines of her wands, continuously flickering it.

Katherine found herself right in front of her bedroom door. The tall dimly torch-lit corridor framing the door. A good night's sleep would do her some good as she had broad stateless bags framing her eyes. -- She couldn't help but toss and turn all night. Every time she did so her bed would squeak, bringing her back to what was her childhood. How'd she lay awake, her eyes filled with tears. Remembering the ease of comfort years ago as her sister held her, telling her everything was going to be okay. The sound of glass shattering echoing from all the way downstairs.

A tear ran down Katherine's face when she was reminded of this. Now finding her sister a stranger as she had abandoned her months ago. Her fingers ran through her coarse and wispy hair. Again her eyes filled with tears. Heavy breathing filled the room. She wanted to scream, as a way to cry out for help. Slowly suffocating from everything that went on years ago.

She wanted it to all be over, so that she could move on. So she could forget everything that happened. But nonetheless, she couldn't. As many times she begged for help, no one seemed to hear her. Even though the estate was already emptied, she didn't want to scream. Again bottling all her emotions, her pain. Resisting the constant urge to let it all out.

and here we are, as the night turns to a blur and her eyes turn gray.. how could she ever have thought a broken heart is all it took. Seconds felt like minutes, maybe hours. What seemed to be like an eternity, the constant tossing and turning, the heavy breathing.

The dim candle light seemed to ease her suffering, watching the wax slowly melt. She was in denial of it all. - One final tear had forged down her cheek as she closed her eyes.

***

The next morning she had woken up, forgetting all that had happened last night. The occurrence of it hadn't seemed to erupt. The same feeling of wanting to scream was seemed to be left within the scrummage of dust throughout the house.