THE BITE

"He said he was building something. That it was all for me." El looked around at us.

"Building something... is he talking about the flayed?" Max asked.

"Sounds like it." I shrugged.

"So, he's building an army, just like we thought." Lucas paced slowly behind the couch.

"Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread." Mike started.

"He's building it to stop Eleven." Will finished for him.

"Last year, El closed the gate on him. I have a feeling that really pissed him off." Mike nodded.

"Like royally." Lucas stopped pacing momentarily.

"Probably lost his shit over that." I added.

"And the Mind Flayer now knows that she's the only thing that can stop him. But if she's out of the way-." Mike once again didn't finish his sentence.

"Game over." Lucas concluded his sentence.

"He also said he was gonna kill all of you." El sounded awfully hesitant about telling us.

"Yeah, well, that's nice." Max nodded slightly, sarcasm filling her tone.

"n'est-ce pas exquis." I knew I sounded sarcastic, though nobody understood me. (isn't that exquisite.)

It didn't sound the greatest.

My birthday potentially being my death day.

Yeah that would kind of suck.

There was a screeching noise coming from a distance, loud enough to mute the popping of the fireworks.

Nancy got up, walking over to the small window.

"Do you guys hear that?" Nancy still stared out the window.

"It's just the fireworks." Jonathan shrugged.

"Billy. When he told you this, it was here, in this room?" Nancy questioned turning to look at El, who slowly nodded her head.

There was a loud thump, and then I got the feeling.

He most definitely knew where we were.

"He knows. He knows that we're here." I spoke before Will could.

We all began to file out of the trailer, walking so that we could see into part of the woods.

The ground shook, and we watched as the fireworks lit up the sky, revealing the trees being separated and knocked down, and the Mind Flayer standing right where he could see us.

-

We all barricaded the walls of the trailer, trying to make it as Mind Flayer-proofed as we could.

"Hey, get away from the windows." Nancy demanded, picking up the gun.

We all stood in the middle of the room, waiting for death to come right at us in the form of a giant monster.