Chapter 1: New Hope, scar, and REINCARNATION

"If you don't like your destiny don't hate it... Instead have the courage to change it"

~A Random Anime Protagonist

~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~••~

1st POV

"......and may you have peace in the heavens. Well then... I bid you farewell!"

A blue magic circle appeared and another soul was sent to heaven. After the holy light disappeared, I can finally take a small time to relax.  I slumped down on the extravagant-looking chair behind me as I hover through the pages of a notebook.

"Good Heavens!~ who would have thought that sending a few souls to the afterlife is so tiresome! And what is going on with people recently!"

I ranted as I flipped the pages of the notebook I had. It contains the information of deceased people who needs to be send-off. And some of them have experienced a very....... peculiar death.

"Death by asphyxiation because of a balloon came back from a guy's mouth after being released to fly about...death by falling of a building because of someone asking them to do a flip...got their frontal lobe beaten by a robot because of a prank... Pffttt... This guy died because he masturbated 69 times.

Pfftt...Can I keep I straight face as I sent him off? Nonono, I'm not ready. Let's choose someone more normal this time."

As I scanned the names with my eyes until one stood out. I didn't know why that specific name stood out but I just feel like checking his information.

"Kanzaki Haruki-kun, 18-years-old... Cause of death... Pancreatic and Brain Cancer."

I couldn't help myself to pity the boy as the file listing all of the tragic and misfortune he faced in his life.

"Twin sister died after she was born. Lost both parents at 6 in a car crash... Said crash left an unhealable scar on his face...only had a hand full of friends. Weekly unwanted police apprehensions? What? I know angels are the ones responsible for writing these files but what do they mean by 'unwanted police apprehensions'?"

Getting hung up with a single piece of information is unproductive so I decided to proceed but faltered right before summoning Kanzaki Haruki's soul and mused myself.

"Even after a few weeks of Aqua-sama's absence, I am still inexperienced. How did she manage to send off so many souls so quickly? Clearly, she must have used some sort of technique in doing so."

As expected from Aqua-sama. A kind-hearted goddess who wished for souls to be happy in the afterlife. As expected from a high-ranking Goddess.

"I shall not tarnish Aqua-sama's position because of my weak will" I shouted by declaration.

As I said these words a blue magic circle appeared under a chair that was placed in front of me. I closed my eyes in order to hide tears forming themselves upon remembering about the youth's past and tried to deliver the opening sentence in the most sincere voice I could muster.

"Kanzaki Haruki, welcome to the afterlife. Unfortunately, you died. It must have been short and harsh, but your life is now...
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH"