xi. panic

HEY GUYS, BEFORE YOU CONTINUE THIS CHAPTER I WANT TO WARN YOU THAT IT RAPE, SEXUAL ASSAULT, AND THINGS OF THAT NATURE WILL BE MENTIONED. I WILL INCLUDE '*' AS A WARNING.

**

Cori and Will sat in the van in front of Topanga's, a pair of binoculars between them as they peered into the restaurant at Carmen and their date

"Why can't we just use our phone cameras?" Will asked, trying to focus the binoculars on his eyes again, "I don't even think they work."

She snatched the goggles away from him, frustrated, "they work," she said defensively, "your just stupid is all." She said, doing the same thing he had done seconds, yielding the same results as her cousin, "I knew that spy gear mom got Louise was bogus."

"Why can't we just use our phone cameras?" he asked her once more, brushing his hair out of his face, agitated.

"Do you not get how creepy we would look?" she asked, "two randos sitting in a van watching teenagers and recording shit on their phones."

Instead of responding in his normal, snappy way, he just signed and rolled his eyes. Cori could tell that something was up with him, "Okay, what the hell is up with you? I mean, all day since lunch you've been off and it's kinda worryin' me."

Will continued to look straight ahead, his fingers twitching, "I don't know, I'm just trying to figure some stuff out."

"Then talk to me, I'll just listen," Cori begged, she hated to see the people she loved bothered by anything.

He shrugged, "I don't want to burden you with my shit, I know what you are dealing with."

Cori took a deep breath, "how about this? You tell me your problems and I'll tell you mine, deal?" she stuck her hand out for him to shake.

Will bit his lip, debating on whether or not he was ready to talk about it, but he knew if he didn't soon, his mind would just explode and he didn't want to have to deal with that as well, "fine," he told her, taking her hand.

Cori smiled silently at him as she watched him open and close his mouth multiple times before he finally settled in.

"Okay," he said nervously, "I don't think—" he stopped, closing his eyes for a moment the opening them once again, "today, I think I've had an awakening."

Cori nodded, still smiling at him as she was before.

"At lunch today, when you, Car, and I were all having the moment and they touched me, I felt something." Will told Cori, closely watching her gauge a reaction; he could tell from her expression that he said something wrong because she looked worried, "not that kind of reaction! I don't think that I'm strictly in the business of, of women."

Cori was having a really difficult time just listening, she had so many thoughts about what her cousin had been trying to tell because to be quite frank, he wasn't making sense, but she had reached the point where her expression couldn't ask the questions that she was thinking.