1,095 Days Of Us

I was 9 years old back then when I arrived back in the Philippines.

I was 10 years old when I saw you. I smiled with the sudden feeling of completeness.

I was grade 5, 10 years old and you were grade 6, one year ahead of me when I told you I like you.

You replied me with confusion and said "I don't" straight to your point.  I smiled.

Funny of me to dream but I was thinking maybe you were just denying.

I was grade 6 when you left the campus for your next level. I felt sorrows for not seeing you everyday.

Finally, when I was grade 7, I can at least see you often.

I flooded your messenger with my never ending messages.

You one time replied to my jolly flirt.
"Crushh! May tanong akoooo" that's my chat that you noticed for the first time in my life. You then replied "what?" I felt the thing in the tummy hearing your husky voice inside my awful mind.

"Ano nga ulit ang cube root ng  2, 924, 207 ?" I was mentally laughing and imagining you computing. Minutes later you replied. "143." I gritted my teeth and tried to hide my smile. "I love you rin:>" I texted back wishing you would laugh. But I guess I was wrong when I received just a seen from you. Crazy me, laughed knowing you just hit the block button.

I went to school with stifled smile that morning, I was just happy I said my feeling.

I went to the cafe and smiled when I saw you laughing.
You went to your flock's table and the girl you were with hooked up their attention.
She's beautiful. She's angelic. I know she's smart and a well known woman in our campus.
"Si Jena.. my girlfriend." You introduced. I smiled bittersweet. Still happy for you.

I was grade 8, 14 years old. You were grade 9, 15 years old when you had your first girlfriend, and that's my best fried Jena.

I was grade 10 when Jena called me. "Stella.. may problema ba tayo?" She politely asked. I answered wala naman and she pouted. " I felt like you were swaying away from me.." she laughed it out. I know I did. For the both of us. I don't wanna meddle in.

We were in senior high, you were in 12th grade and I was in 11th when the both of you had relationship problems.

I was 18 and you were 19 back then when you and Jena broke up.
It's wrong and I shouldn't be,
but I felt happy.
Would I have a chance?
Back then everytime I am coming close to you and asking " Do you like me now?" You kept on rejecting. I kept on trying and stopped when you got yourself Jena.

A week later after your break up I asked you once. "Do you like me?" I asked without hesitation. You looked at me and wondered. I again asked " Do you like me now?" I desperately questioned.
I was about to leave and surrender  that time when you pulled my wrist and uttered
"Be my girlfriend"I smiled out of happiness I hugged him. Do I have him now? I hope so.
I was so delighted together with you back then. I was too joyous when I remembered something.
I exhaled that thought and went back to sense.

I was in my fourth year in college and you were in your last year when you asked me to go on a date. I of course agreed. We went in a beach and I hugged you in the sea shore. You shifted and I knew it so I smiled it away.
It's our anniversary anyway so why not just enjoy every single second with you?

It's new year when Jena exactly arrived back from new york.
A day after her arrival, you came to my house. You asked me to got out and I didn't insist so I did.
We went in a park and saw my best friend on a bench.
I hugged her and peck in her cheeks.
I knew I had to give up that time.
"Okay.." I surrendered without them saying anything.
They looked at me so I smiled sincerely.
"I am sorry.. I am really sorry" you said and hugged me tight then intertwined your hand with Jena's.
"It took me forever to have you, but it took you a second to leave me." I smiled as the tears partly fell down.
"I tried to love you.. I really did. But yesterday everything went different. Sorry Stella but it's only her."
"The very time I agreed to be your girlfriend.. I already knew this would happen to me Kairus, don't be sorry." I said in my very low voice.
"At least I had you for two years. Last night, when Jena came, I already knew we won't be able to celebrate our third anniversary. Oh well, thank you for the 1,095 Best days of my life. I love you."

I just figured out that moment that maybe not all promises were meant to be fulfilled. When we were young, you promised to 'marry and make a family with you' while we were playing near the seashore, the sunset even noticed how we spread smiles at one another. But you forgot it when you had an plane accident at age of 7. I was 6 that time and I hold on to it and maybe it's really the time for me  to let that memory and promise fly.

I am now 25 years old and you're now 26 and a professional engineer and a great father to your kids. I am now standing beside your yard, looking at you playing with your children happily.

I looked down at my 5 years old child and smiled. I had a child with Kairus  in the right moment before Jena came years ago.

My child ran to a kid having a problem with his feet. My child helped him. The father of the little man my daughter helped thanked her and flashed a real smile that I never received from him when we were still together.

My love smiled genuinely to his daughter. Our child smiled at him too, Kailla is interacting with her father.

                            -End-