chapter fourteen

"Who are you?"

"That matters none," the man replied, walking towards until they were mere inches apart. Allura did not flinch. "What matters is the things that I know."

"Fine," she scoffed, "Do tell."

"Well that would be spilling HYDRA's secrets, not very faithful of me huh?"

"You want something," Allura concluded.

"Doesn't everyone?"

"So what is it?"

"I want you to take me back to New York first, and we shall go from there," he smirked, not breaking the strange eye contact. Allura turned her head and studied him silently for a few moments.

"Fine."

---------

"Okay uh, remind me of why this guy's here," Tony questioned her as he motioned towards the man, who sat tied to a chair with glowing handcuffs.

"He knows things, and I'm gonna find out," she stated, sitting opposite the man and staring.

"And you thought it would be a good idea to bring him back to New York, not question him there and then?" Steve joined Tony's side with an unreadable expression on his face.

She broke her gaze and looked up into Steve's eyes. "Everybody wants something."

--------

Back at the compound, the HYDRA guy was escorted into one of their most fortified cells, where Allura studied him from the cameras. He did nothing but sit.

"You do realise what you're getting yourself into," Steve's figure appeared at the doorframe as he leaned against it. He then walked forward until they were facing each other.

"Tell me something I don't know Rogers," Allura folded her arms.

"I'm just saying," he continued "he heavily implied he knew things about you, maybe even about where you came from. Are you prepared for the chance of finding that out?"

"I have to know Steve," Allura replied, brushing her hair out of her face. He grinned at her all of a sudden, confusing her.

"What?" 

"You just called me Steve," his grin was definitely a smirk now as he towered over her.

"Whatever Rogers," she turned away from her, but couldn't help the small smile that tugged at her face.

--------

Allura approached the two armed guards blocking the doorway to the man's cell. When she reached them, the guard on the left placed a hand in front of her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we can't let you go in," he told her firmly. Allura looked at him in confusion.

"On who's orders?" She demanded roughly, pushing away his arm. The other guard gave him a sideways glance with worry-filled eyes which Allura noticed, so using her magic, the guards flew into another wall, groaning in pain. She rolled her eyes and entered the room.

The man was sitting behind the table staring up at her. This feels familiar, she thought and chuckled aloud to herself. "May I ask what is so funny?"

"No, you may not. Now spit it out," Allura replied, and then held up her hand with purple swirling around her fingers, adding on, "Or die."

"I thought we were going to have fun first Miss Hyacinth," the man laughed darkly. "I know why you just laughed, because you've been in my position before." Allura's muscles tensed as she watched him carefully.

"The Avengers bringing you in, for a quick questioning, that was all that was supposed to happen, or so you thought. No, you ended up becoming a new member of the Avengers, wow, how cool is that!" he mocked, a wide grin spread across his face. "Oh, Hyacinth, you could have done so much better, don't you agree guys?"

With those last words it seemed he spoke right through her, and she was right. In entered one of the guards that she had previously thrown, but rather than going for Allura, he strolled towards the man and stood behind him, a strikingly similar grin now etched upon his face also.

"Oh," Allura scoffed. "I see, you planned this all out to try and recruit me, use me as a weapon? I've heard the story too many times before. So, after I kill this man here, your partner is he? The Robin to your Batman? After I'm done with him, you are going to tell me what you know, if you know anything at all, and then I'll kill you too. And not easily with my powers, I'll slit your throat with my knife," The girl seethed, slamming her hands on the table. "You really thought I would join HYDRA, how stupid are you?"

"If you don't mind me explaining Ma'am, that's not what I thought at all. Oh no, HYDRA doesn't care about you at all dear," the man leaned into her, searching for the surprised reaction he craved the most.

"What are you trying to say?" The girl demanded once again, so forcefully that her eyes changed to the vibrant purple. She heard footsteps behind her, but before she could turn around to see, the mystery person had her hands behind her back, gripping her wrist with one large hand, and the other clasped around her mouth.

She sensed his presence realising it was the other guard, the chatty one. Allura raised an eyebrow, she didn't expect him to be so strong.

"He's trying to say," the guard breathed into her neck, making Allura heavily uncomfortable, "that you don't know a thing." Briefly, he moved his hand from her mouth and reached into his pocked, pulling out a metal cylinder object that she wasn't familiar with. "But don't worry darling, you'll find out soon enough."

He pressed the button on one end of the object, causing a whirring sound to occur, and then stabbed it into her neck. Allura suddenly felt as if her nerves were on fire.She wanted to fight the feeling but it was too strong, she gave in and crashed to the floor.

Unconscious.

---------

Around twenty minutes later...

"How the hell can someone sneak out of this place," Steve shouted to a group of guards standing  by gate leading out of the compound, but they all seemed as confused as he was.

"Hey, Cap!" Steve turned round to see Sam frantically running over to him. 

"He didn't just escape, he took someone with him," Sam replied, his hands curled into fists.

"Who?"

Sam stared at the floor for a few moments before looking back up to Steve who was searching his face for answers. "Allura, he took Allura." As soon as he heard the name, Steve stomped towards a nearby empty wooded crate and pulled it apart with his bare hands, and then throwing it far, as if that would've calmed him down. 

"Then find her," he pointed to Sam through gritted teeth. "We have to find her."

--------

The sound of her own coughing woke Allura up, it felt like she had millions of glass shards stuck in not just her throat but her whole body, every breath making her want to stop living. She opened her eyes slowly, checking her surroundings.

What she wasn't expecting was to be in the back of a vehicle laying down, with almost her entire body strapped down to some kind of table with metal bands. She was too weak to break herself out, she expected that the pain would be surging through her for days. She was disturbed from her thoughts when the black-out window between her and whoever the driver was rolled down, and she craned her neck just enough to see it was the same man. He glanced at her. She could see one of the guards was still driving and that was when she noticed the other was in the back of the van with her, although he appeared to be asleep.

"Jason," the man called to him. When he didn't answer, he shouted "JASON!" The man flew up out of his seat, completely shocked and maybe a little terrified.

"Give little Witchy woo over there another shot, that should be enough until we arrive," he glared at the man before rolling the window back up.

"Please no," Allura tried to say but it barely came out as a whisper. The man merely took notice of her before stabbing the metal object back into her neck.

And after that, everything was just dark.