4

Same shit, different fucking day.

Don't ask me how I'm balancing six days a week at my job and band practice three to four days a week, because I truly have no fucking idea. I tried college as a backup plan but once the band formed, I cut that out of my schedule completely.

Thank fucking God.

It's been about a months since the argument with Gwen and Tiffany went down and our band hasn't practiced. I tried to be sympathetic to both sides of the situation for the longest time, but it's beyond ridiculous now. Veronica, Tiffany, and I have been wanting to do band stuff but Gwen refuses because she's mad that Tiffany is dating a man she hadn't been with for awhile now. It's not like Tiffany did it intentionally, and the fact that she's letting her own personal issues interfere with our band is really pissing me off.

We've all got shit going on, but Gwen loves being a drama queen. Veronica had suggested kicking her out of the band a few times and Tiffany has echoed the same sentiment, but I told them my patience hadn't thinned enough to make that decision. But I'm starting to change my mind.

Young musicans aren't hard to come by, but finding someone who fits the band's sound as perfectly as Gwen's makes it challenging. Even if we did find someone similar to her vocal style, we would have to start all over, teach our new singer the songs, establish chemistry...it seems exhausting and more trouble than it's worth, at least for the time being.

"Hey Julie." Dylan greeted me as I walked by, something he does whenever we work together. Sometimes it ends up being the best part of my day.

Dylan always seemed so put together. A go with the flow kind of guy. They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I find myself jealous of Dylan's apparent lack of drama in his life.

As the day progresses, I find myself smiling a lot more than I usually do. Customers are easier to deal with and a large amount of them were actually friendly. It created a light-hearted atmosphere in the restaurant that we don't get too often, unfortunately. The time seemed to fly by.

"Good luck Dylan." I said goodbye and walked out of the front door. Dylan was always there a hour before I arrived, and an hour before I left. The rest of the staff is pretty cool, but Dylan is the only one I'd consider to be a friend of mine. He's essentially the less musically inclined male version of me.

I head to our rehearsal space for the second time this week. I've extended the invitation to Gwen, as if she needs an invitation to show up to her own fucking band's rehearsal. If she doesn't show up tonight, she's out. Our time is just as important as hers and we're all tired of it being wasted.

I'm usually the first person to show up, but some days that isn't the case, like today.

"Hey." Gwen says shyly.

I give her a blank stare and proceeded to put my things down on a table nearby.

"Nice of you to finally decided to show up." I stated plainly.

"Look, I know I've missed a lot of practice and I totally understand the three of you being pissed at me, but can you please take one second to see this from my perspective?"

I couldn't help but scoff at what was coming out of Gwen's mouth. Has she seriously taken an objective look at the situation and came to the conclusion that she has a leg to stand on?

"Okay fine. You broke up with a guy, he moved onto Tiffany, you were so jealous that he wasn't following you around like a lost puppy, and you decided you were gonna hate her for it."

Gwen rolled her eyes but before she could speak, Tiffany and Veronica entered the room. Tiffany seemed annoyed but Veronica seemed to be as cool as a cucumber.