Colter: What Remains

Honey flopped into a chair at a table across from Sadie Adler, "why's your face so long

Honey flopped into a chair at a table across from Sadie Adler, "why's your face so long..." Sadie asked wiping away a stray tear. "Nothing to worry yourself about, I'm probably just being a bit of a brat, as Bill often says," Honey murmured. "They gone off somewhere without you?" Sadie asked. "yup." Honey sighed. "hell, I'd be mad too then." Sadie replied with a faint smile. 

"Don't be too mad." Charles called entering the room,  he made his way to the table and pulled up a chair. "why're you here? something couldn't have happened already - could it? is everyone ok?" Honey asked quickly. "Honey stop worryin if something had been wrong we'd hear gunfire for miles." Grimshaw scolded her, "You'll worry the boy." she added.

Honey, who had stood from her seat, eased back down. Charles laughed, "It ain't funny Chuck." Honey snapped. "yes it is." He said in a chuckle. "but stop worrying, they're fine. I came back so you wouldn't feel left out, I'd probably only slow them down with my bad hand anyway." Charles said calmly. He grabbed the pack of cards on the table "you two ladies up for a round?" he asked. Sadie sat up in her chair "sure, go on and deal em. ain't got nothing better to do." she said.

Honey sighed, "yeah, yeah - come on." 

Pearson entered the main cabin with Mary Beth, bowls of a mystery stew carried on wooden planks pulled from the more dilapidated buildings. They set them down on a table, "sorry it isn't much, we're running low on stores." Pearson murmured. Honey waited with Charles as the women got up and each took a bowl before going to get their own. Honey looked down into her stew,  and then over to Sadie and John. "Abigail will likely give him some of hers,  and I'm sure Pearson already took care of Jack giving him the lion's share of it." Honey thought, she watched as Abigail poured a little of her stew into John's bowl and smiled, "Good. then that just leaves..." Honey returned to the table with Charles and Sadie, quietly she tipped her bowl over and poured half of its contents into Sadies bowl.

"wha- you didn't-" Sadie stammered. "I'm still not very hungry. Your house is partially burned down. From what I've heard...it was Micah's fault...the moron. It's the least we can do." Honey said. Charles gave a nod, and before Honey could react poured a bit of his stew into her bowl " Honey is right. you've been through a lot. But you still need to eat too, Wihakayda." Charles said, Honey scowled, "but your hand." Honey protested, "you don't need food to heal a hand. you've got more healing to do." Charles said. Honey sighed "you're 'bout as bad as Arthur..." she grumbled.

Charles looked to Sadie and pointed at Honey with his thumb, "she's stubborn as a kid sister.  tell her to do something and she'll wanna do the opposite just because she can. Hazards of being cooped up as a child I guess." Charles chuckled. Sadie smiled a bit " well that must be why we get along so well." Sadie mused quietly. 

"You lot aren't so bad." Sadie sighed, Honey, shrugged "I mean...if your life turns into a mess of ugly...might as well be stuck with... some good bad company." Honey said. "I learned that when they found me," she added.  Honey held her stomach as it squirmed, "oh god." she breathed, "P-Pearson what you put in that...ugh!" Honey stammered, holding her gut she doubled over a bit. "Found a can of aged sardines to give it the touch of salt," Pearson said proudly.