[3] The Palace of Secrets

Double update!

Double update!

🚨INTENSE CHAPTER TOWARDS THE END. READ WITH HEAVY CAUTION.🚨

-Ishiran Capital Honshu-

"Emperor!" A servant ran into the throne room, holding a scroll with the seal of House Tang of the Shigami Empire.

The hazy smoke cleared as the curtains moved in the cold winds.

"Who dares to enter the throne room unannounced?!" The royal adviser Wang Wonho snapped.

The emperor moved his iron-gloved hand, the sharp edges nearly tearing the silk curtains. "Wonho. Let him approach."

Wonho nodded once. "Well, make haste, boy! You heard His Royal Highness."

The servant bowed deeply, holding the scroll over his head as he got into a child's pose, his chest to the floor. "A letter has arrived from House Tang of the Shigami Empire!"

"Your Highness?" A concubine was moved aside roughtly, her hanfu nearly exposing her large breasts.

"Get off me, Pin." The emperor pushed her aside, standing up and not caring his own robes were a bit messy. He did make an effort to fix the silver robes as his lower face was hidden by the same silver cloth.

The concubine did so and stood, glaring at Wonho who didn't care to make eye contact with her.

The servant whose name was Akiteru was trembling as the emperor moved closer, the iron on his armor hitting his belt which also contained armor.

Akiteru flinched when he felt the emperor's sharp cold iron claws touch his hand briefly, picking up the scroll.

"You should stop trembling like a banshee," Emperor Kai of House Shang said with ice dripping in his voice. "Wonho, see to it that he recieves military training. He has nearly perfect reflexes yet he lacks bravery."

Wonho glared at the servant and nodded. "Yes, Your Highness."

Emperor Kai broke the seal in hopes of a positive response from the Princess Consort of House Tang in the enemy kingdom. "I should hope for the sake of the Shigami Empire that her response is to her favor."

The dark-haired male unrolled the scroll and read over the documents, a semi-peculiar smile making its way onto his face beneath the silver cloth.

"My Emperor-" Wonho began.

"Wonho," Emperor Kai turned and looked at his royal advisor. "See to it that the Shigami citizens are allowed past the Great Wall. We shall hold an imperial meeting in three days."

Wonho nodded and barked orders at the many attendants in the room who followed the strict man's orders.

The concubines were dismissed from the room as Emperor Kai left, his long dark brown hair held neatly by a silver pin as the cold winds threatened to knock over the guards who were following him.