┊┊┊𝒘𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

"Frisk..." He whispers softly, while caressing her hair gently. He smiled, but
it was one of his "usual" smiles that didn't quite reach his eyes.

"Yes, Sans?" She replied softly, before giving him a reassuring smile. Sans looked like he was contemplating for a moment. He was hesitating to say something, but even Frisk knew what he had in mind.

"You knew didn't you?" He asked, with a hurt tone that put a small frown on Frisk's lips. She was already old, and crinkly. She cannot continue running away from her death. Her eyesight was bad, and her throat could barely speak but despite that... Sans still looked as handsome as usual at Frisk's eyes. He never changed after all these years huh... It wasn't too surprising considering he was a monster, and she was a human.

"yes... I always knew but I did not tell you" Frisk replied lowly. She was laying in a white bed in the hospital, while Sans sat beside her. Baskets of flowers were surrounding her, letters from her friends stacked on the cabinet, and gifts she considered precious laid beside her.

"Why... Why? Why didn't you tell me earlier?" Sans raised his voice a little, but decided to breathe and calm down for a moment. Raising his voice on an elderly woman would only attract stares and worry. Frisk stared at him lovingly before chuckling.

"I was afraid Sans..." She smiled. He stared at her thoughtfully, before Frisk continued what she was saying.

"I was afraid that... You would not accept it. After all, I know that you hadn't forgiven me for my wrong actions. I knew that deep inside you through all these years, that you still had that same fear. That same fear that you would wake up in that same bed, and witness everything happen over and over again. Sans... You... You hate me, don't you?" She asked with a small smile. Tears were starting to form in her eyes but she tried her best to hold them in.

They were each other's soulmates. Everybody knew that. The moment Frisk met him, she has always felt this warm feeling inside her. The moment they touched each other, when Sans was making a stupid fart joke at her. She had never thought she'd met her soulmate there, not to mention it was a monster. They hurt each other. Soulmate was something that they haven't thought about.

Soulmates were connected by souls. No matter what form they are, or the differences they have. Soulmates would always recognize each other. Whether that person is blind or deaf, the lingering presence of their soulmate was enough for them to recognize. Soulmates were popular with humans, but for monsters it was different.

Sans stated at her with full of guilt. She knew? Sans grasp his shorts slightly. All these years were a suffering agony for Sans. He can barely sleep at night without having nightmares of the past. He gets nervous every time he wakes up and seeing that he was still there. Years pass by... Humans already accepted monsters. Asgore was forgiven by Toriel, and it was sad for Sans' part considering the feelings he used to hold. Undyne and Alphys were already married.

Papyrus accomplished his dreams and got along with so many human friends. Mettaton... was Mettaton, they performed, and brought enjoyment to both humans and monsters. Frisk had also grown up and was doing a good job as the ambassador. But he... He was the only one stuck in time. Stuck in the same old pattern of nightmare. Sans felt helpless... Why was he the only one feeling this way? Perhaps... because after all these years, he had not fully trusted Frisk.

Frisk sighs slightly before smiling at Sans. He was interrupted from his thoughts and was about to speak up before Frisk cut him off. Frisk placed her hand over his trembled one, before squeezing it slightly. It was... Warm. He blinked multiple times before staring back at her worried expression.

"I know that you don't trust me, Sans, not once did you ever trust me. I know that you were still uncomfortable, and scared of bringing up the past. I knew that you wouldn't accept a murderer like me as your soulmate, nor you'll ever allow yourself to love someone like me." She muttered, with a sad smile plastered on her face. Her eyes were closing as usual, but perhaps she was intending it. More like...

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒆 // 𝑭𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔 🎉