Still Into You

Based on this request: "Luke x reader based on the song Still Into You by Paramore?"

Luke is leaning up against the wall, legs stretched out idly in front of him. His girlfriend is curled up on the bed next to him, lips pursed in thought as she considers the lines of music in front of her. They have the same habit of writing songs in worn and torn notebooks, of writing over and tearing out pages until the books themselves are reduced to nothing then reanimated with the sheer frenzy of their music. Luke likes that they have this shared trait, like it's a sign that they were meant to be together ever since the start.

Y/N feels Luke's eyes resting on her and looks up, blushing slightly. "I'm not very interesting company, am I? Sorry about that." Luke just grins. "Don't worry about it. You writing songs makes me think about songs, and that's one of my favorite things to do." Y/N smiles at that, leaning up to kiss him gently on the cheek before settling down again in front of her notebook. She squints at a line, then rubs it away with her eraser.

Luke glances down at the lines of music, but his head's at an angle and he can't read a single note. "What's the song about?" Y/N flashes him a teasing grin. "It's a surprise. You'll find out soon enough." She considers the main melody, adding a few notes as she goes. "I'm not quite sure if it's happy or sad, not yet. It's fast, and it's fun to sing, but that's all I've got right now." Luke nods, leaning his head back against the wall and letting the faint sounds of scratching pencils and Y/N's occasional humming take him back to the time he first met her.

Y/N was Julie's friend, and had been her best friend long before Luke showed up. Luke smiles in spite of himself, remembering the first time he had caught a glimpse of the girl. Julie had been talking with Y/N in her room, and Luke had made a point of walking by so that Julie would be forced to introduce him. From the second Y/N had locked eyes with him, Luke knew he was head over heels for her. Even the way she said her name sounded like a melody, a pure and beautiful sound that Luke couldn't write even if he tried for the rest of his life (or death).

Every moment spent with her was better than the last, every inside joke and casual conversation inspired him. It hadn't taken Luke long to realize he loved her, and an even shorter time to ask her out. Luke laughs inwardly, remembering how nervous he'd been to first ask Y/N on a date. If ghosts had heartbeats, Luke's would have been pounding so loud the entire town could have heard it. Luckily, she had said yes, and the rest was history.

There had been hard times, sure, but the good easily made up for the bad. When the business with Caleb and his club had finally come to an end, with Luke, Alex, and Reggie being able to finally touch people, Luke had practically sprinted over to Y/N's house. She had looked up at him through tear-glazed eyes, having thought him dead, but her gaze quickly changed to happy shock when he had gathered her up in his arms, picking her up and turning in a lazy circle.

Then there were late nights with the two of them cuddled up close together, and early mornings with kisses pressed to cheeks, and date afternoons with hands entwined for all the world could see. If, you know, they could see Luke at all. It didn't matter, though. Not with her. Not for anything as long as Luke had Y/N.

Luke is snapped back to reality when Y/N gently shuts her notebook cover, yawning. "It's getting late. I think I'm going to go to bed." Luke glances out the window, surprised to see that night had fallen and the stars were already shining through the dim patches of cloud. Luke stands up, stretching, then leans back down to kiss Y/N one last time. He says his goodnights and turns to go, pausing only once to look back at the girl he loves before disappearing back to Julie's studio.

Luke is frustrated. He's not sure why, but his blood is practically boiling. Maybe it's because it's been a long, stressful week, where he's convinced himself that things have been good for too long. Caleb wouldn't just give up, not like this. Something's coming. It has to be.