part two:Grayson Hall

That night the figures and voices were unbearable. I could hardly sleep. However, I was intreaged by the ghostly figure, who was oddly dressed in a hospital gown. She kept saying,"don't you go to Grayson Hall," "don't you go to Grayson Hall", that's all she kept saying. I was so confused by what she was saying. After this strange occurance, I immediately pulled myself out of bed, and went to my laptop to look up Grayson Hall. I was so nervous when I found out that Grayson Hall was haunted by the depressed and tortured souls who used to live there. I also found out that many of the patients who lived at Grayson Hall were not treated properly. Sadly, there is little evidence of this,for the people who worked their share very little information with the public. One story, (that was said to be a rumor),was about a young girl named Rebecca. Her Father, send her there at the age of nine years old, after her mother's death. It is rumored that her father never visited, and the nurse's didn't treat her right. Then two years after she was admitted into Grayson Hall, on November 29th Nurse Rennet, claimed, that when she walked into Rebeccas room,she saw her unconscious lying on the floor of her padded room with blood covering her face. There was an investigation, but the case was closed, when the police concluded that she comitted suicide.

Laurrie, oh sweet Laurrie, a strange voice said.

Come and help.

"I....I don't k... know who you are".

Laurrrie, please it's worth it you will see.

"What are you talking about"?

Laurrie you will prove them wrong. And with that, a cool breeze flew out my window.

I sat down back on my desk and checked the time. Fudge 3:30. Well it looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight after that incident. So might as well do more research on Rebecca.

**************

At 4:30, just as I was about to give up, I saw a picture of Rebecca, before she went to Grayson Hall, and she looks like a younger version, of "the woman in white" who visited me in my dream, who also kept saying "don't go to Grayson Hall". Maybe that's Rebeccas spirit trying to tell me not to go there. But I can't just tell my dad that. He would think that I was going crazy, and would definitely send me there. Maybe she was the one who called me Laurrie. But no one has called me by that name, except my mother?..... All of these thoughts are making me very hazy and tierd. Maybe I should get some rest...

Audible yawn

Then quicker than counting to ten, I fell into a deep and relaxing sleep.

*************
As me and my Dad were packing my mom's old clothes, and trinkets, I asked him,

"Dad"

"Yeah?"

"Why are we keeping mom's old stuff?"

"You don't want to keep it?", he asked with a shocked expression.

"That's not what I meant".

"OK then what did you mean"?

"I mean why are we keeping all of it."

"Well,.. your mother's stuff reminds me of her, and I feel that if I let go of even a piece of her stuff, than I would be getting rid of a piece of her, and I'm not ready to let go.

"Oh, well, in that case I'm not ready either."

"I love you dad".

"Oh sweetie I love you too".

As I was putting the boxes in order, from smallest to biggest, I saw a picture of my parents at their wedding day.

"Dad,do you remember this day?" I say while handing him the photo.

"Oh who could forget.... it was a hot August afternoon, a sweltering hot 99 degrees, and your mother was wearing a beautiful strapless airy dress, which had a silt that showed part of her leg....with a sparkling headpiece.... I remember as your mother was saying her vows, she said..."you are my one and only...even though you can be anoying and pushy u were always there for me through all my hardships and pain comforting me all the way and I could never ask for anything better."

At those words I saw my father cry, cry like there was no ending I knew how much he loved my mother. I know that they wanted to have another child, but couldn't.... and have treated me like I'm a miracle. My parents have gone through so much together. It's just.... beautiful.

***********

We came home at about 8:00, from the storage unit, and the diner. My father called me over to talk about a shadow day at Grayson Hall.

"Sweetie, the shadow has been, rescheduled to Monday (thank god its Friday)"

"They were apparently all booked up for shadow days and made a mistake."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I found it a little strange too, but I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"Dad?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"I had a nice day with you, it's been a while since we did this."

"I know, I know." "Love you"

"Love you too". And with that he slammed the door behind him
******

I know my dad and he's never like this.EVER. something must be up. And I'm about to find out....