Lifeguard trainee with acrophobia

The terrifying sound of people screaming filled the air as a body flew towards the hard ground underneath. With a loud thud, the screams stopped for a few seconds. As quick as it stopped it started again.

"Olivia!" The name was being yelled over and over. A well trained man was quickly climbing down the high climbing-wall. As only a meter was remaining from the ground to him, he jumped. With a little thud he was safely on the ground. He nearly threw himself on the ground next to the body. A female body. The body of the seventeen year old lifeguard trainee. Her body was bloody, bruised and dirty. Her eyes was rolling into her skull, locking out the light. Her lips was slightly moving.

"Good.. enough.. reason.. to be.. afraid?" She struggled to whisper. The man let out a sigh and nodded, mostly for himself. As his years of training and experiences in first aid kicked in, he quickly began what had become a rutine. Checking pulse, rapid. Checking breathing, shallow. Checking for conscious, hardly conscious.

"Olivia? What hurts?" He said, lightly tapping his hands on her chin. Small groans of pain escaped her mouth, but no laudable words. "Olivia. What hurts?" He asked again, looking a bit more nervous than before. Her lips moved, but no sound came out. Small sweat drops formed on his forehead, and they weren't from climbing. He gently ran his hands on the side of her left leg to feel if anything was broken. Nothing. Not even a reaction from her. Then he did the same on the right leg. As his hands ran over her knee, she silently screamed in pain. He gently lifted up her pants to see a very bruised knee. It was definitely not only the color from her sun kissed tan. After throwing an ouch-expression in the air, he moved his hands to her belly. No reaction. His hands gently moved over her right side of ribs and got the same reaction as the knee. A scream in pain. He could feel the ribs cracking under the light pressure of his hands. A disgusted face expression more and he moved on.

Without touching her shoulder, he could tell something was wrong. Looks like a dislocation. He thought to himself. "Did someone call an ambo?!" He yelled in frustration. He got a 'it's on its way!', from a few people standing nearby.

"Can we do anything now, mate?" A dark haired, young man asked sweetly. The blue colour in his eyes mixed with a few tears made it shine like the stars. His body was fairly covered in ink. He wasn't very high, which suited him. "No, Jess. We can only wait for the ambo.." The well trained man, that was the first to the young trainees aid, said. Jesse sat down on the ground next to his friend and colleague. He looked a bit anxious at the defenceless girl laying unconscious on the ground next to him.

"She'll be right? I mean.." Jesse stammered with a nervous tone. He got a reassuring clap on the shoulder by a bloke from behind. "She'll be right. Don't worry Jesse." The man said, removing his hand from Jesses shoulder. He took a deep breath before opening his mouth to speak.

"Ya right, Deano?" He asked friendly to the well trained man. Dean just nodded. He didn't even look up at his boss. Just simply nodded and kept his eyes fixed on his friend. He had know Olivia since she was born. Her father, Kristian, was a lifeguard. Deans friend and colleagues daughter was laying hurt, defenceless, unconscious on the ground next to him. He couldn't do anything. He could only wait for the ambulance to arrive. He wished with all his heart, that he could make her feel better. Taking her pain away. He saw her as his own daughter. Lucy and Gus, Deans own children loved her. She had been babysitting them many times, so him and Lilly, his lovely wife, could have a night out on their own.