Chapter 1

Dora's pov

Randy and I left the small house, we had moved into(along with Diego and Sammy) after we finished college, it was close to our old high school so we could still frequently visit our families, while also being more independent.

Its a small 3 bedroom 2 bathroom house, 4 people live there, Randy and I share a room, and Diego and Sammy share another, the third room is only ever used if there's an argument or we have a guest, neither of which happen very often, leaving the room vacant most of the time.

We sat in comfortable silence as Randy drove us out to the country, we were going out to star gaze again, but this time is special. Today is a super moon, to be exact it's a pink moon.

"did you know..." Randy started, I knew what he was going to say so I decided to finish his sentence for him.

"that a pink moon isn't actually pink, and is actually its regular colour, and is called a" pink moon" to correspond with the early springtime blooms wildflower native to eastern North America" I finished, learning about this rare moon was actually quite interesting.

"classic us," he replied, with his signature line, he began saying that back when we got stuck in the jungle and anything to do with astronomy appeared. We're both really into stars and stuff. I never realised that was his way of flirting until after we got back and Diego told me. We started dating not long after we got back, during the spring dance actually, it was alot of fun. It's been 5 years and we still do, at least, monthly star gazing trips to the country sometimes Diego and Sammy join us, but most of the time it's just us two. " I guess you did know"

We both giggled. I'm not usually one to believe in soul mates, but with how often we 'read each others minds' "sometimes I believe we're actually soul mates" we both said at the exact same time, and chuckled at how we know what the other is going to say.

We spend the rest of the drive to the country in silence. By the time we got there the sun was only just setting, so we grabbed the picnic blanket, a few pillows and snacks and picked out spot on the grass. It was an open field, framed with trees, it was a very secret place, not many people go here they usually just drive past not bothering to explore the area, so they miss out on some of the most amazing places on earth.

We set down the blanket, placing the pillows downon it and sat down, chatting and cuddling for a while before the sun completely set.

The sky was so pretty and clear here, the pollution is significantly less and there's much less artificial light, letting the stars and moon illunate the sky like billions sparkling diamonds. It's beautiful. But, the moon was not what I expected.

It was actually pink. I'm not complaining though, it's really pretty and giving the whole night sky a pink hue, I love it. It actually gives the place a slightly romantic, calming atmosphere. But, a part of me was confused about it, yes it was called a 'pink moon' but its not supposed to actually be pink.

"I thought it wasnt supposed to be pink" I say softly, cuddling closer to Randy, he responded by wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I'm sure it's fine. Just not what was predicted. Scientists will probably discover whats happening tomorrow" he replied. "it's probably something like the blood moon" we both finished at the same time again. We both laughed. I leaned back laying down, dragging my boyfriend with me. He kissed me quick before laying next to me and looking up at the sky.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours. We sat there enjoying each others presence, pointing out shooting stars and making wishes, like we were little kids again, only less lonely.

As the night got colder, Randy wrapped his hoodie over me, I gratefully put it on, it was very big on me and my hands turned to paws. We both laughed at how small I looked.

We returned to our previous position and continued to watch the stars, a double shooting star.

"I wish I met you when I was younger" we both said looking into each others eyes. We kissed in the moonlight, then suddenly there was a bright pink glow, lighting up the whole field. Then everything went black.