Alberu C.

[This came from "Tangent Alberu C." chapter in lines.]

Dear Y/n L/n,

           It's been a while, my love. Have you been well? I wonder what you are doing.

           Can I tell you a story? Well, not exactly a story. Perhaps this is just a rant, something I desperately want somebody to liste—even just read it.

My hands shivered, missing a stroke, letting a splotch of ink ruin my perfected calligraphy.

I took deep breathes, trying to steady myself. Attempting to regain my composure.

This was too much, all I wanted was to write another letter for my beloved.

                The moment I opened my eyes, I already knew.

                The world is cruel.

               As I grew up, I could give dozens of experiences to be my testimony. This world did not wait for anyone.

               Because my one and only loving mother eventually left me as well. I thought that with her by my side, I would be alright. However, she...died a suspicious death.

               Thus, I was left alone in this world.

               Who am I? What could I do? I am just the unfavored first prince. I have no royal backing. Nor do I have royal blood relatives.

               Then, my aunt appeared. She gave me time to breathe. She is my desperate salvation. The only person besides myself that I could trust.

This time, my hands did not create a splotch mess of ink. The liquid droplets revealed an evident mess on my message. But I could no longer stop writing. This message and the receiver... Are precious to me.

In this world that I alone could not stand up, I have to find people who will help.

                Finally, even if it was just the two of us, I was no longer alone.

                Albeit, both of us had a hard time. I had to learn everything, all by myself, from scratch.

                I couldn't slack off. One wrong move and I'm done for. Not to mention, my secret identity would be at stake, which would bring me at risk.

At a young age, I found that the shackles binding me to royalty was not at all something to dream of. These chains mark my hardship, constricting me from moving freely. Suppressing, pressuring me.

I longed for a companion.

                Thank goodness... I actually found someone useful. At first, I was very irritated to find someone so much like me. That person is now my dongsaeng. Somebody I could rely on.

                Along the rocky bumpy road of following that dongsaeng of mine, I unconsciously found a... Family.

                For the first time, in my twenty five years of life, I got a willing instructor. He is called the youngest swordmaster.

                I also found myself...

Wait, how many nephews do I have in all? I paused and thought of that mystery.

On, Hong, Raon...

Just three?

No, wait... There's also ten wolf children.

Is Lock considered a nephew? If so, it would be a total of fourteen nephews.

Is something wrong with my dongsaeng or does he just have a strong sense of familial justice?

Ah!

My eyes widened. For a split second, I hesitated. I reread what I already wrote and broke into a wry grin.

I was side-tracked.

Ranting my pent un frustration like this is indeed beneficial to me. However, the secrets written in these messages should not be read by just anyone.

                  I have about fourteen nephews in all. I didn't include the second and third princes' children. My dongsaeng's children is enough. I must spoil them thoroughly.

                  The price for my short-lived happiness, is war. War not only within my kingdom, but a war that had taken up the whole eastern and western continent.

                 In the battle field, I thought I was going to die. I used up the dark mana and mana concentration my mother gave me. I was almost figured out. The enemy already knew.

               But a hand gave a pat to my shoulder.

               At that moment onwards, I knew I was no longer alone.

             For the sake of this damned kingdom, to this kingdom of boulders that my mother—my loved ones, resided within and loved wholeheartedly. For the sake of the citizens of this kingdom. I must become the ruler of Roan Kingdom.

             I now have a path waiting for me.

             But my selfish father is still selfishly rotten to the end. In the midst of war, I received a letter regarding my betrothal. 

I gritted my teeth and clenched my hands into a fist.

Marriage...

I already set my mind onto stone. I will not get married for I cannot live the rest of my life as a lie. My identity as a dark elf prohibits me from truly giving myself to someone.

               But I only want you.

               I want you. I need you. I adore you. You are...my muse.

                                   Sincerely yours,
                                 Alberu Crossman

Dear Alberu Crossman,

           This is my will. If you are reading this, then... I must have already perished. No, do not blame yourself. This decision was done voluntarily. I want you to live.

           My prince, you are everything I could possibly ask for. You were more than that.

           Be true to yourself as I do to mine. My dark elven prince, live your life to the fullest, leave no regrets.

           Then, please... Be happy.

           I apologize for being selfish. However, I want you to be happy, for whole eternity (the same way you did for me).

            I love you. Farewell, my prince.

                                               Yours truly,
                                                   Y/n L/n