11.

Seonghwa laughed as his stomach started to hurt, his arm worked as a pillow even when he literally was over one, but he was not uncomfortable at all. In fact, he completely forgot this wasn't his bed or his house in the first place when Hongjoong offered him to lie down as the black haired left his bags on his desk.

It started with the two of them talking during recess about the project they've been working on for a while now, and even though they weren't as close before and during that project, both thought it was already assumed they wouldn't be needing to stay with the other further after classes without the rest of the group needing to have them join the walk back home. But with the excuse of celebrating having submitted their project that day, Hongjoong went the extra mile inviting the brown haired.

"Lunch is on me'' Hongjoong smiled, giggling when the older boy let out an excited sound he didn't really know how to describe, but it definitely got them laughing as they planned on what to order in the new burger place near the school. However, their plan failed when they realized that not only were they starving, but the place was too crowded to even consider waiting.

Hongjoong thought about it for a couple of minutes before offering his house, he noticed something pink on Seonghwa's cheeks when the black haired mentioned his parents were out for the day, he thought it was cute as they walked to his house talking about their cooking skills.

"Not because I don't want to learn'' Hongjoong tried to defend himself while he could hear the braces boy mocking the way the opposite explained how to prepare waffles. "I just suck at it because I need more practice'' He continued, shaking his hand as he spoke.

"Yah, how do you even survive when your parents aren't home?'' The taller asked, half genuinely curious, half joking.

"I just eat ramen if I find the packets'' He shrugged.

"Hongjoong-ah, I might need to start helping you cook from now on every time you're alone'' He said. "I learned how to cook thanks to my sisters because they used to attend cooking classes in their school, and they would use me as their judge'' He laughed at his memories. "With time I got to see the preparation and I kind of like it now!''

Hongjoong smiled, glad for his friend to find cooking as something good and relaxing when he felt he needed to try something made with his own hands. He was about to speak about his group again, almost forgetting an important detail.

"Oh, did you know that the one who also loves cooking is-...'' He stopped himself, smile fading slowly as he remembered and his sense of guilt came back to him. "...Wooyoung...'' He said, almost as if he didn't want to offend the name by just mentioning it.

The opposite noticed and understood immediately. And as Hongjoong opened the door to his house, Seonghwa held onto his friend's shoulder and shyly smiled at him to reassure him.

"I know you apologized with honesty that day, you did your best'' He sighed "And even when they forgave you, now that San put you again on the spotlight unfairly, it really is up to them to come back to you''

Hongjoong felt relief for having his friend supporting him, he never imagined he would be feeling so happy when realizing how close he felt to the last person on his mind, not that he complained. Not at all, because it was still surprising the way Seonghwa's soft glance showed such care after literally spending some of the funniest moments with him. For that, he would always feel guilty about the way they started their relationship, even if the brown haired reassured him a million times already it was okay and the past is the past.

Hongjoong could only smile as he thanked the older, he wanted to express more of his thoughts, but he knew words are only something one can hear and feel, but they don't matter more, or hold the same impact as actions. He knew that because those words were the exact same as Seonghwa's that night after the party when they were planning Hongjoong's apology to the rest of the group.