Sweet Orange Juice

Inspired by @ chatonsbaton on tick tock

Marinette rushed through her drawers, almost slipping on her latest work in progress while trying to find the perfect pair of shorts.
"Marrinette didn't you pick out an outfit last night?" asked Tikki
Marinette brushed off her favorite pair of black jean shorts and turned to face the red Kwamii as she put them on.
"Of course I did, but I changed my mind today,It's hot out anyway." After one good last look in her full length mirror to make sure she had no stains on her clothes, or if she was wearing anything backwards, she checked her makeup and tightened her belt.
She felt pretty great with her light blue halter top, and with her bag on her shoulder, all she needed to do was go and greet her friends and her girlfriend.
It was a new word for her to be using for Kagami. They had bonded after they were both rejected by the same boy for some "mysterious other girl," and recently grew to be a little more then "just friends" if ya know what I mean.
Seeing Kagami made it harder to breath in general but after spending so much time with Mari, she had found herself a particularly gorgeous fashion sense causing Mari to go into cardiac arrest more often then usual.
Marinette waved goodbye to her mother as she left the bakery. It was a slow day for a Wednesday, especially on spring break.
As she made her way down to the park she went over her mental checklist.
"Don't panic when you see her don't panic when you see her and don't panic when you see her."
Tikki opened her purse just enough to poke her head out. " Marinette you do this every time you see her. I'm sure you are gonna be fine this time."
Mari turned to her bag with a nervous little smile, " You're right I'll be fine as long as I'm prepared to see her and.."
"Hey Marinette," said Rose.
"Gaahh!" she cried in a typical Marinette fashion. "Hey oh sorry you scared me there, it's nice two see you two."Mari said gesturing to Julica.
The ladies exchanged pleasantries until Kagami's mother dropped her off.
Kagami thanked and smiled at her mother before she stepped out of the car in an adorable romper that made Marinette choke on air. Then again Marinette could faint If kagami wore a garbgae bag for a dress. Mari thought she looked good in anything.
Marinette took Kagami's hand as the car drove away. After a few moments of Marinette working up the courage to form a complete sentence, she uttered a well thought out one that she may or may not have practiced in the mirror this morning."It's nice to see you Kagami, you look really cute today."
"Thank you." She responded
"I mean don't get me wrong you look cute everyday I think I mean of course you do I mean I ummm."
Kagami laughed " I understand Marinette thank you." She gave her a warm smile and greeted the rest of the party while the strolled down the sidewalk.
"So what should we do?" Asked Rose.
"Maybe we should get ice cream from Andre," suggested Julica.
"Yeah that sounds really fun right Kagami?"
Kagami quietly pulled on the bottom of Mari's shirt to get her attention. " Marinette I thought we were going to go get orange juice."
"Oh we could do that if you want," she told her girlfriend. "What do you guys think about getting orange juice?" Asked Marinette.
"I love orange juice, what do you say Julica darling?" Replied Rose.
"Sure that sounds cool." Said The purple haired girl.
"Thank you, I really appreciate it," Kagami confessed to the group.

The four enjoyed their little journey to the cafe where Kagami liked the orange juice best while Rose shared a story of how she obtained some of her favorite stuffed animals.
Kagami was pretty happy to be outside with Marinette, they had gone out on dates alone before but a group date was new. Especially to Kagami. She wasn't the always the best at making friends until she met Marinette. With a little help from her new friend she learned how to naturally spark conversations and developed her classic Kagami smile into a genuine one.Mari also learned a thing or two from Kagami, from a few fencing moves to stuttering less both balanced each other out pretty well and that's what made them special.

Even though Kagami had Marinette as a lover who gave great advice on friend making, she still struggled with new people every now and again.
When they arrived, they obtained their beverages then found a nice table outside.
Julica and Rose took to staring at eachother like a fish to water. They were truly made for eachother.
Marinette looked at her partner only to get the classic Kagami smile in return as a joke.
" How are you enjoying this so far? Is it all you've ever dreamed of ?" Asked Marinette in a flirtatious tone.
"Yes, but I must apologize, I do not know what to talk about." Kagami replied as she looked down slightly flustered. "I don't know I've never conversed like this with a friend before, I'm afraid I don't have any."
Marinette took her hand to reassure her that she indeed had friends.
"No Kagami you have Rose and Julica right here they are your friends," she paused for a brief second before returning to her gaze. "and I'm your friend."
Kagami's didn't try to hide her smile anymore, she raised her head near Marinette's placing her mouth so close to her lovers lips.
"I'm glad to have you as my friend Marinette, my girl friend." Marinette looked with her half lidded lovestruck eyes and barley grazed Kagami's lips before spilling her orange juice.
Luckily Kagami caught it before it hit Marinette too hard, leaving just a small damp spot on her shirt.
"Are you alright?" Asked Kagami as she put the straw back into Mari's cup.
"I'm fine I just need some napkins that's all,"
Mari kissed Kagami's forehead. "Stay right here,"she said as she walked into the restaurant.