The Garrison Date

You'd been annoying Arthur for days by this point. Okay, maybe not 'annoying' so much as pestering but you had been on at him for days about going out together. His response was a short "we do go out" to which you had rolled your eyes and made yourself clearer by expanding on the idea of a date. He had frowned and walked off.

In the end, you had given up on the idea of getting him to do a real date and currently, were marching down to the Garrison, hoping to catch him off-guard and to convince him to dance with you or something – anything.

When you had pushed open the door and kicked off the muck from your boots before stepping inside, you hadn't been expecting anything similar to what you were faced with.

It was about an hour or two before opening, although it had been raining earlier so the skies were grey and relying on the fire from the factories to provide some warmth, and yet it was decorated with lanterns.

Each table had a designated lantern and a few littered the bar top, accompanied by a few bottles of what you noticed to be your favourite collection of drinks. You soon noticed that your shoes didn't stick to the wooden flooring much like it usually does and nor were the chairs broken with half a leg missing or half of the backrest ripped off as per usual.

No one was around, it was deadly silent, only the swinging close of the door behind you after you had let it go from your grip.

You were still in shock, mouth forming an 'oh' shape. Something rustles in the background and you friskily jab your fingers into your bird's nest and smooth it out as best you can, not wanting to look like you'd just walked in from strong winds (even though you obviously had and to top it off you probably smelled damp from the light shower of rain that fell while you were on your way. Had you not been determined to come, you might've gone back and fetched an umbrella but you had gone too far to turn back without the temptation of staying).

When you crane your neck to see what was happening with the noise Arthur, with his jacket discarded and sleeves pushed up his arms returns, carrying a bottle in each hand before coming to a halt in front of you.

"Where did you come from?" He says, deciding against beating around the bush.

You raise an eyebrow, "Hello to you too, Arthur," you drawl.

He turns sheepish, a little flustered at your words, knowing he probably could've worded his own better. Rubbing the back of his neck once he'd placed down the bottles, he says, "I didn't mean it like that.. I-I was just caught off guard, y'know? Uh.. anyway," he lets his eyes meet yours, only to see that you're still standing stoic, "how – why are you here? Only because we said to come later on and I was busy but then –"

You take two steps forward, leaning against the bar and bringing your palms to his shoulders and softening your voice, figuring you threw him off, "You're rambling, love."

You glance at your surroundings, "What's all this?" A jut of your chin towards the lanterns resting on the bar seems to be the only indication he needs.

"Ah, well, you see..."

Patiently, you wait. He waves his arm around, almost knocking a lit lantern over, making your eyes widen and hands dart out to catch it before it falls over, steadying it again.

Sheepishly, he turns to you again, making sure to keep away from the lanterns, "Am nervous, sorry. Eh... you wanted us to spend the afternoon together, like a date."

"Like a... date-date?"

"Like a date-date."

You cannot bear to hide your excitement much longer, "Really, for me?"

"You said things and well, I figured it'd be nice if... y'know. Well, here it is."

"Arthur," you tease, finger tracing his jaw before tilting it so he was facing you, "you didn't actually explain yourself too well. Go on," you whisper, "tell me."

The blush that fills his cheeks only fuels you more, leaning over to pull his face closer to yours, pressing a chaste kiss to his lips, "Alright, maybe you don't have to but I'm more than happy that you decided to do this for us."

A small smile spreads on his face, "Anything for you."

- - -

suggestions?

send them on my tumblr!

peakyblinderswhore.tumblr.com/ask

(it's also on my profile incase you cba to ctrl+c ctrl+v)

comment them below and risk me not seeing them!

littlemissjaffa

x