Ch. 1

Katie's and Summer's outfits ^

"Katie come on! We're going to be late!" Summer yelled from downstairs. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. She know I hate parties. What's the point of going if it's only a rush for the night? You don't get anything out of it, and everyone's to drunk too know what's going on anyway.

"I'm coming!" I snapped. Feeling guilty afterwards. It's not her fault I feel this way. Summer is the epitome of gorgeous. Blonde hair, gray blue eyes, nice smile everyone loved her. I also had blonde hair, and blue/ green eyes, but did everyone love me? Not so much. Sure, I got attention from people, but it was fake. They didn't want to know me; they wanted to know the people I knew. Rushing downstairs I was greeted by Summer and my mom who was ecstatic that I was leaving the house.

"Bye mom. Love you. I'll see you tomorrow." I said to her hugging her bye.

She smiled brightly "alright! Have fun you'd better get going!"
I smiled at her and headed out the door to my car. Summer has a car but she prefers to show up to the party in my Rolls Royce over Summers boxy car. I on the other hand don't care. We both hopped into my car and we were off.

*at the party*

I don't know why I agree to come to these. I don't even drink. It sucks when everyone knows who you are because of who your parents are but they don't know you. Chad and Julie Lydele owner of multi-million dollar company Lydele records. When your parents have people ranging from Eminem to Angelina Jolie in their contacts it's hard to be known for who you really are and not who your family is. That's why I love the Irwin family. They all love me for me. I feel welcomed by them.

Finally I found Summer in the mess of people. She had already had one to many drinks, and we had promised Ash we would be home by 1:30 am even though it was already 2:00 am. Dragging Summer out to the car was difficult to say the least. On our way to her house I was trying to come up with a way to get Summer and I into the house without waking Ashton and his friends. Summer told me today that they've been coming over for band practice a lot and that they're all cute, but older than us. I don't want to have to deal with all of them at night with a drunk Summer especially since I've never met them it would be so awkward. (And yes I know they weren't this age when forming their band or anything but it's fictional so.) (Ages Katie- 17, Summer- 17, Ashton- 19, Michael- 19, Calum- 18, Luke- 18)
As soon as I pulled in the driveway I knew we were screwed. Ashton was awake waiting for us. Which meant we were going to get chewed out for being late and for Summer getting drunk and by we I mean me because it's not like summers going to hear any of it anyway. I walked to summers door and helped her out then up the path to her house. Sighing I opened the door and took Summer straight to her room not even looking at Ashton then gave her a glass of water and made my way downstairs ready to face whatever was coming. Yes, I know most of you would say 'he's not your brother you don't have to listen to him' but ash is like my brother. We've been really close ever since my brother, his best friend, passed away when I was 13 due to a robbery at a store he just happened to be at and got shot. Ashton and I are basically family. As soon as I got into the living room where ash was I realized there were three more faces to greet me. I was embarrassed to say the least knowing that Ashton was about to go all father figure on me.

He sighed "Katie. Do you have any idea what time it is?" He asked pushing his hand through his hair

"I know ash. I just. We got separated and lost track of time and then I had to get Summer out of the house. And I just. I'm sorry." I tried to explain our lateness.

"Katie, I'm not mad at you. You know that, right?" Ash replied softly. Noticing my panic.

"I know." I replied. Then added "it's just I told you we'd be home by 1:30 and it's 3:00. I'm just really sorry. I know you must've been worried. I hate making you upset because you've.." I started to say how he'd always been there for me but stopped when he started talking again.