Ch. 2

Its been a long time since I have updated any of my books, so I am going to start with this one. Enjoy.

RECAP

"Katie?" I heard Ashton ask. I turned to him with my eyebrows raised. "I asked if you had your eyes set on anyone at the moment?" he asked me wiggling his eyebrows.

I blushed at his question, and immediately someone came to mind, but I just shrugged "I think so, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about him yet." I said simply while feeling his eyes burn into me from across the table.

***

Even though I could feel Luke's eyes on me for the duration of breakfast I continued eating and talking with everyone as usual. When everyone was finished I made sure to remind the three boys who hadn't helped cook that they got to clean; this caused a string of groans to come from each of them while I just smiled. Summer and I left the four boys downstairs and went up to her room.

"hey Kate? I'm going to get in the shower. I look disgusting." I smiled and nodded letting her know that I heard her.

A few minutes later I heard someone turning the knob to come into the room "Did you forget something?" I asked without looking up.

"What? No?" my head shot up at the sound of Luke's voice. He scratched his head before asking "can I talk to you?" I nodded sitting up fully on the bed and patting the spot in front of me. He closed the door behind him before coming to sit in front of me on the bed. Suddenly I was very aware of the fact that I was sitting alone in a room, on the bed, with a very nervous looking Luke.

Both of us began to speak, his words coming out quickly, mine coming out slow, but both of us sounding unsure.

"Whos the guy?" from him and "Are you okay?" from me.

"Whos the guy you're unsure about?" Luke repeated slower.

I shifted nervously in my spot. It seemed like a good idea to say it at the table when everyone was around and I was feeling confident after our time in the kitchen, but now siting here alone with him I felt very unsure of myself. "Um. Well. Why?" I asked him after a long pause.

"Why what?"

"Why do you want to know who the guy is?" I questioned him timidly.

"I-I don't. I was just trying to have a conversation with you. I don't care who you like." He stuttered. I looked at him questioningly. "Honestly. I was just trying to make conversation till the guys were done cleaning." he spoke again trying to explain himself. After saying this he stood up and made his way to the door.

"Hey Luke?" he turned back to look at me with raised eyebrows, and his hand on the door knob. I took a breath before repeating my words from earlier "I'm not quite sure how I feel about you yet."

Luke gave me a small smile, turned towards the door twisting the knob and pushing the door open before turning back to look at me "I'm not quite sure how I feel about you yet either."

Shortly after Luke exited the room I heard all of the boys clambering up the stairs. "Geez Hemmings, have you literally been laying here this whole time, you bum?" I heard Ashton say once he opened the door to his bedroom. I wondered if during Summer and my  many conversations he was able to hear us just as well as I could hear him. Yikes. I hope not.

Even though I couldn't hear what Luke replied, I assume he told them that he had in fact been in Ashtons room the whole time; seeing as they all just laughed while Ash called him a bum once again. I could hear them coming back down the hallway towards where I was, but I wasn't sure if they were coming to Summers room or just heading back downstairs. I got my answer when Summers door was flung open to reveal Ashton and the rest of the boys.

"Ash!" I couldn't help but scold him. He never knocked before entering a room, and I have had to many awkward encounters for my liking. I was not about to let him teach his friends his bad habit of acting like he ran the house. "What have I told you about knocking?! I could have been changing!"

Ashton held his hands up in what I knew was not surrender, but defense. "I know, I know, I'm sorry, but you weren't changing, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come listen to us practice? I know Summer takes forever in the shower." Even though I knew he was not actually sorry, and only said it so I wouldn't continue scolding him, I let it go. Nodding I stood up and followed them to the basement where their equipment was already set up.

"Alright, were going to run through a song and you just tell us what you think, no sugar coating." Ash said while getting behind his drum set. I nodded as Calum started strumming the beginning of the song. I'm not sure what I was prepared for, but Luke Hemmings voice was not one of those things.

••Okay, I have 5 exams this week which I haven't studied for yet, but I got another chapter of this posted so I feel very accomplished. Let me know what you think of the story so far. I'm sorry tat this chapter is so short, and that I had to end it like that, but I really have to get to sleep seeing as I have to wake up in a few hours anyway to take an exam. Thank you guys for reading! I will update my other book Possessive sometime this week, ad I will continue to update this story. Goodnight !••