9

i stared at the three options on my bed, trying to decide which one to choose. it was the night before the fair and i was trying to figure out what to wear. i had finished washing and styling my hair and now i was worried about clothes.

my eyes shifted to the first option. it was a soft black and white flannel, an oversized long sleeve shirt underneath, and boyfriend jeans. pros of this outfit: it's cute and comfortable, more streetwear, and soft vibes. cons of this outfit: not my first choice. it makes me look too soft.

i turned and looked at the second option. it was different from the first choice. a black cami top, black cargo pants, and a black denim jacket with black converse. pros of this outfit: definitely my aesthetic, the black on black grunge vibes. cons of this outfit: i hate the cami top. i don't usually wear feminine things. the denim jacket would cover me, but still.

i sighed to myself. 'why the hell am i even bothering about this? it's not like it's a date. i'm only hanging out with his friends.' i sat down at my desk, not wanting to mess up the clothes on my bed. 'but why does it feel like i have to impress them?'

i grabbed my phone and started scrolling through my contacts. when i found the person i was looking for, i hesitated. 'i need help. but i don't wanna deal with him right now. he's annoying but he knows his stuff.' my finger hovered over the call button, contemplating on my options. 'it's either you call him and he helps or you go to the fair looking like a mess.' i sighed and hit the call button, bringing the phone up to my ears. it rang a few times before he picked up.

"hey y/n, what's up?" the person on the line said.

"hey, uhh listen i need you to help me with something," i said.

i heard him gasp. "what's this? the y/n l/n asking me for help." he said.

i rolled my eyes. "can you not be annoying for one minute?"

he laughed. "fine, fine, what's up,"

"i'm having a bit of a.." i paused and sighed before continuing. "fashion crisis."

there was a pause. "you're having a what now?"

i sighed, rubbing my eyes. "yamaguchi invited me to hang out with friends and i can't decide what to wear."

there was silence over the line. "hello? you there?"

no answer. 'what the hell?' i thought. "hey, you good?" i said , getting a bit worried. still no answer. "dammit answer!!" i yelled.

nothing. i hung up and sighed. "great. now what?" i looked over at my bed and started staring at my options again.

after a few minutes, i heard a knock on the front door. i went and opened it. before i could open it all the way, someone burst through the door. my eyes widened. it was oikawa. i had called oikawa for fashion advice.

"what the hell man? i call you and you don't answer me and then just show up at my apartment with no notice!" i yelled.

"shut the hell up y/n!? you said you were having a fashion crisis," oikawa said. i noticed that he was breathing heavily. 'did he run here from his place?'

"where the hell were you?" i said, concerned.

"i was down by the cafe freckles' works at," he said. 'oh. well, that's not as bad.'

"but that's not important!" he scratched the back of his hair. "honestly, you have great clothing and you're telling me you're having a crisis?" he muttered under his breath.

"i'm indecisive," i said quietly.

"whatever, come on," he grabbed my hand and dragged me to my room. "we have a date to get you ready for."