Too Good To Be True

Spencer Reid, former agent of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit, was staring into my eyes, sweat dripping down the side of his face, his naked body glistening.

"You remember the safe word, right Y/N?" he asked.

I nodded quickly with my pent up anticipation. I would've given an exuberant yes if my mouth hadn't been gagged with one of his ties. He face became a crooked smile as he kissed a trail from my neck down my stomach. He paused for a moment to look back up at me. Then he licked me from my hip bone down to my clit. My wrists met resistance against the fuzzy handcuffs as my bck arched with pleasure. I wasn't sure what would come next, but waiting to find out was making me wet.

~~~~~~~

Most of my life had been excessively normal. I came from a middle class background with your cookie cutter American family.
My dad worked a 9-5 in an office building. My mother was a stay at home mom whose goal in life was to raise a happy family. My older brother, Jude, was a gifted kid all throughout school and ended up going to MIT with a scholarship. He got a research grant and was doing excellent work trying to discover a cure for Alzheimer's. We were all really proud of him.
I was far more average than Jude, though. I got the occasional C in my classes, but for the most part, I put in a lot of effort and it showed. I knew right away that I wanted a career where I could help people. So no one was surprised when I went into nursing school immediately after high school. It was a job I was incredibly passionate about, I felt fulfilled every evening coming home to my 1 bedroom apartment and cat. I really didn't feel like I needed anything else. Of course, I had my books, too.
Reading was my only real hobby. Some people might think that's boring, but other readers will understand that there's nothing boring about getting to live life as a different person every night. I would become the stories I read. I was more than me, I was the thousands of characters who seeped into my brain from the pages through my eyes. These other lives were my escape from normalcy. Not that I needed to escape from my perfect job, my sweet cat, and my loving family. I just needed...more..

I remember thinking one day that my life would always be this perfect; how lucky I was to be so average. But a week later, I got a phone call from the Henderson police saying that my parents had died in a car crash. And though I was overcome with grief, I couldn't help thinking that even the way in which I lost my parents as an adult was just exceedingly... normal. Hundreds of thousands of people died daily from car accidents. If I were better at statistics I'm sure I wouldn't have been surprised to know that 1 in 103 people die in a motor vehicle accident. And there were well over 200 people in Henderson, NV. We were only a little bit south of Las Vegas, and I was sure that car crashes happened much more frequently there than most places. It was just math. Probability. An eventuality. At least that's what I told myself to make it hurt less.

Jude had been living in Washington DC for his research project. But of course he came back for our parents funeral. He wouldn't stop asking me if I wanted him to move back to Henderson. I told him I would never ask him to give up his dream like that. Then he relentlessly asked me if I wanted to move to DC with him. But my whole life was here- my small life that had gotten smaller (I didn't tell him that part).
The truth was, I just wasn't that great with change and dealing with both of my parents dying at once was enough of a change without moving to the other side of the country. Before Jude left town, he made sure I knew that I could come visit him whenever I wanted and that he would be back for my birthday. We usually took a small family weekend trip to Sedona to go hiking on my birthday. I felt like I couldn't even think that far ahead though.
Either way I gave my brother a big hug, told him I loved him, and watched him walk into the airport, knowing that our family would just never be the same.
But at least I had my job, my cat, and my books...